Seats - any recommendations?

Smashie

Hi - have just joined the Club having bought my second WRX (hawkeye) about six months ago. I had a blobeye a few years back and don't remember the seats being as uncomfortable but maybe it is just me getting old, or the fact I am doing about 1000 miles per month. Is there an alternative, more supportive seat option out there at a reasonable cost? I assume the seats can be easily swapped over as there are no electrical bits + pieces, obviously!

Cheers

Hi mate welcome to S.O.C Only thing I can suggest is to have a look at the seat cushions you can get I found the blobeye which has the same seats to be more comfortable than the bugeyes seats that are more bucket style than a normal seat. :)

Cheers for the response. I think a trawl around eBay is in order......

I've seen some memory foam type stuff you can get that acts like a cushion. Sure you will see them on eBay. I know my mother has one and some back support thing. 

I've a pair of forester seats sat in my basement. Wider and more of a normal seating position. They sit about an inch higher than impreza seats. Not sure about the fit in a new age though

Appreciate the advice - I had thought about cannibalising other makes/models so will see what's about. In the meantime driving experience more than makes up for the back ache!