Possible issue with hks ssqv?

dezmond_vr6

Was just wondering if having hks ssqv fitted it can reduce my power? The car seems to idle properly and runs fine as fare as I'm aware but it feels to me as it's slightly less power that it used to. Just doesn't seem the same but I could just be getting used to it now as I'm Farely new to having the car.

Any input would be appreciated cheers

Only if you have a leak mate if the car didn't like it, it would run terrible but seems to be more related with the older classic shape than new age that have that problem. I would just check everything is tight and no leaks around anything.

Ok will do pal cheers. No it all seems to run and idle properly. It decided to have a little flutter with idling on one single occasion within the first day of having it on. Pulled unit petrol stayin stopped at pump and it just jumped idle to bout 1k and that was it. As if I'd just tapped throttle.

I was told wen first putting it on that I'd know if it's leaking because of idle and also my boost gauge would move. Well that does sometimes twitch like a millimetre either way on gauge but to be honest I couldn't tell u if it did before I put it on!!

this is it today. i only started her up and was running for 10 mins. didnt move it and hasnt been moved for few days.

basically im sure wen i just had the normal recirc on it was idling 2 notches less than this. this seems particuly high today its normaly one notch less with the DV on.  am i right in thinking that this is somehow leaking there for losing power?

post-2264-0-75477800-1401995540_thumb.jp

If it was leaking boost pressure you'd see it when you put your foot down, when it's sat at idle it's under a vacuum if it fluctuates a couple of points I wouldn't worry too much mine normally sits at -7 but after a hard drive will show 8 maybe 9.

You have to take into account the atmospheric conditions outside, air density etc, is that one a mechanical gauge ?

Sent from my SM-T210

what u mean by mechanical gauge mate? im so new to the turbos. just bought it with it and iv fitted DV.

like i say it just seems that little bit less power but it might well not be and once i saw the gauge at different point it just had me wondering if im losing boost or had a leake

Hi mate, some gauges are electronic and some mechanical, electronic boost gauges have a vacuum line coming off the engine that then goes into a little box converts it into an electrical signal so all you have going into your gauge is a load of electrical wires, mechanical ones will have the vacuum line running all the way from engine to the gauge and maybe some electrical stuff if it illuminates at night

Sent from my SM-T210

oh right i see well im not too sure just yet then mate.

am i right in thinking if its got a leak then its gona change how the fuel is fed into the car. abit like changing ur airfilter or exhauset?? in which case could be over/under fueling the car resulting in damaging bottom or top end?

Don't worry about the gauge at idle, shows no boost, should be just sat in the negative section of the display, even when driving gently under small load the gauge will read between 0 and a minus figure when you come off the gas, it won't start showing boost till it reaches a designated point, usually anywhere betweek 2.5k and 3k depending on car size of turbo mods etc, gambit should be able to tell you roughly where your model starts too come on,

If you have a leak it won't hold boost at a steady pressure, you'd see it on the gauge by it not rising properly when giving it some welly, would probibaly get to a certian figure (we'll call it 0.5) then drop a bit and try again, if you have a leak chances are the cel light would indicate a problem, and put he car into safe mode before you did anything to destroy the car,

Could always get a OBD reader and some software for your phone to check

Sent from my SM-T210

Gona sound a right tit here but what's an OBD reader? And what softwear would I need for my phone. Will this show up if dv has a slight leak?

It just feels a tad weaker under acceleration that's was all and then I noticed the gauge and my mind started ticking. Haha. It may be that now Iv had it a couple of months that's I dnt notice the power anymore.

OBD reader used to check the cars on board diagnostics, little recessed port just level with your knee under steering wheel. 16pins lools a bit like a scart lead connector depending on what phone you have can het all kinds of kit

Have a skim through this

http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/topic/7085-cel-light/page-1

Give you some info on software and dongles :-D

• Like 1