Strange ticking sound

FRZ45

When i'm driving my 01 impreza sport, when I sit the throttle at a certain spot there is a strange ticking sound that I can't quite explain, out side the car you can't hear it as far as I can tell other than the ticking of the tappets needing adjusted? But the one I can hear in the car is a different frequency? Any ideas?

I'm not sure, I can hear it only in the cabin amd sounds like its coming somewhere from the pedals. Its faint, sounds a bit like a grasshopper?

If you can get a recording of it and upload it on youtube would help greatly. I'm still going with piston slap is it when it's cold ? and goes away once it's warmed up ?

You have checked the oil level ? :) 

Its the complete opposite, its quiet when cold, comes once its warmed up, yes I have checked the oil level, will do an oil change though, and do the tappets or shims or whatever it used, might to an entire too end rebuild when I am at it, i'm sure I will find it, ill try record it if I can :)

Hmmm not piston slap then you would hear it more when cold I would have the engine running and listen at the back of the rad at the front. My next guess would be the belts or an idler tapping. I take it you haven't lost any water ? 

Nope no water loss, ill crack out the stethoscope and have a fish around too, its probably nothing, could be something as simple as something rattling in the dash or around the pedals, just making sure there is nothing wrong with my beloved scoob!

I guess to hear it would be best I could keep guessing :) maybe a bad relay or AC vent tapping I don't think be to much wrong but I think the video will be bet to hear :)