Boost question

RB5crew

Hi guys

Any one know what boost the RB5 runs as standard & what would be safe boost with out mapping it...

Current mods.

HKS down pipe / de cat.

Blitz Nur Spec exhaust.

GFB dump valve &

HKS induction kit.

Cheers

I think the short answer is. It's safer to have it mapped with the supporting mods I have a digital manual boost controller I disconnected it after about 3 weeks of fitting it now just sits in the car and lights up. It's not all boost related fuel and air need to be added to the mix. I would say leave as it is the safest for me. Well until you can get a mapper to do it for you. One of the other guys might be able to tell you different I know a guy who lives near me that tweaks his a bit to get more but knowing he's had 3 Imprezas in the last 2 years I always wonder why he goes through them so quick. 

Isn't standard between 0.8-1.00 depending on model ?

Savage had a list of all that kind of stuff somewhere on here told you what ecu, injectors stock bost, fuel cut etc each model has

If I can find it I'll link it

Isn't standard between 0.8-1.00 depending on model ?

Savage had a list of all that kind of stuff somewhere on here told you what ecu, injectors stock bost, fuel cut etc each model has

If I can find it I'll link it

Ok cheers mate

No worries mate

So whats your plans then out of interest you changing the injector and fuel pump before the remap or just having the mapp done ? :)

Just getting it mapped with the modds don't want to spend to much on it.

I bought it to sell on

I buy n sell cars

But I'll see how good it is if I like it I'll sell my R32 and keep it :-)

• Like 1

Ah have same problem with someone at work always on about his r32 got excited only from hime to turn up in he golf haha, still nice motors though, vw's dont really do it for me

Sent from my SM-T210

I wouldn't raise the boost yet, with the mods that are done already you could run the risk of running lean and possibly damaging the engine

with proper mapping the boost can be raised to about 1.2 bar (17psi) and with the induction kit being free flowing there can be more fuel added. it should be about 270bhp

• Like 1

Ah have same problem with someone at work always on about his r32 got excited only from hime to turn up in he golf haha, still nice motors though, vw's dont really do it for me

Sent from my SM-T210

Lol yea I was a honda man for years ran 2 civic type R's with loads of modds including NOS... :-)

Then moved into a GTi Edition 30 then the R32 both v nice car :-)

I wouldn't raise the boost yet, with the mods that are done already you could run the risk of running lean and possibly damaging the engine

with proper mapping the boost can be raised to about 1.2 bar (17psi) and with the induction kit being free flowing there can be more fuel added. it should be about 270bhp

Ok cool mate Thanks