annoying hesitation and misfire

lukev6tdi

Hello again well my new preza has had been a bit of a ____ since ive bought it. Well depending on revs and how much pedal you have down. It is normally a big reduction in power and sometimes a misfire inbetween 2k-3k rpm before and after is usually fine.

Ive changed the plugs leads and coil but the coil was off a ej18e and made it worse put my original back on and its made it lots better but its still hesitating around 2-2.5k rpm. Also done the stall test and tried to drjve it with the afm unplugged and it drove like crap so iam 99% positive it isnt that.

I would manually read the codes but I have no idea how to (bit of a div a get confused easily lol).

It has been recently serviced iam not sure what it could be.

Its still very driveable but irritating the life out of me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh its a ej20e

post-2716-0-28279400-1405203972_thumb.jp

Hi mate as for reading the codes it's quite straight forward have a look at this

http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/topic/2366-manually-reading-ecu-codes/

the erratic idle could be one of many things, clogged up idle control valve, loose hose somewhere which would be letting sir out and affecting the mix,

easiest thing would be to read the codes see what comes up, then with the engine running check all the hose clamps and vacuum lines for splits or leaks, esay way to do this is with a spray bottle of soapy water spray onto the hoses and any leaks will show them selves,

the miss fire could be down to a leak but woul probibaly need a more indepth investagation if it's just been serviced

Hi mate as for reading the codes it's quite straight forward have a look at this

http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/topic/2366-manually-reading-ecu-codes/

the erratic idle could be one of many things, clogged up idle control valve, loose hose somewhere which would be letting sir out and affecting the mix,

easiest thing would be to read the codes see what comes up, then with the engine running check all the hose clamps and vacuum lines for splits or leaks, esay way to do this is with a spray bottle of soapy water spray onto the hoses and any leaks will show them selves,

the miss fire could be down to a leak but woul probibaly need a more indepth investagation if it's just been serviced

I managed to read the codes and there was nothing mate I iam going to look more in depth at why its missing once my turbo bumpers are fitted as iam half way through and I have getting myself stuck lol.

Maybe disconnect the battery for half hour and then go for a run that way the ecu should re set it's self. Good luck with fitting can be a right nightmare

the rear bumper wasnt to difficult the front is a absolute nightmare I still havnt finished it lol