rpm dial

wrxweston

Ok for some reason my rpm counter has gone loopy. When i fire car up it sits where it should. When revved it just drops off the scale and stayd about a grand short of what it actually should be. Any ideas ?

When you cleaned the idle valve, did you undo the screws on top of the unit ? If so did you make a not of where they were sitting ?

That controls the idle speed so if it's gone back in a different position thats why your idle's crazy

Ah ok,

did you disconnect the Battery when working or move anything to get to the iacv, coil pack or similar ?

Could be a bad earth I'd check that everything secure, sounds silly but give the instrument cluster a good tap, maybe it's stuck, failing that I'd reset the ecu see what happens.

Have you gaken it out for a drive yet ?

I dissconnected the Battery when i did the clean. I only needed to remove the intercooler to get access. Ive reset the ecu and been for a drive. Im thinking it must be the cluster playing up. Just notsure wether it will be repairable or if i need to replace it. Kind of annoying really

not too sure if it's any good to you WRXweston but i have a set of clocks that i can sell you ;) if you needed more clocks but i have absolutely no idea how much it'd cost for postage so offers and you can collect or something like that

D88F4B74-9B29-4575-8B37-0B059EC306F9.jpg