Advice needed on selling my 1998 Imp Sport Estate

AlexMac

Hi guys, forum newby needing some advice..so bear with me (note to mods, if I'm in the wrong area..feel free to move me on).

I have a 1998 Subaru Impreza Sport Estate (non turbo) which I'd like to sell.

I've made an addition to the family buying a Forester and unfortunately the Imp is just sitting doing nothing now.

She's not taxed or tested, and to put her back on the road with T/T and four new tyres would probably cost me about £250.

So I'm in a bit of a quandry now, I don't want to break her and was wondering if I asked for £400 for someone to take her off my hands and put her back to good use..would that be too high an asking price??

Any advice greatly appreciated,

Regards

Alex

Hi welcome Alex to the forums And you're in the right place ;)

Feel free to loads some pictures up too if you like

I would say £400 is maybe a little to high £599 that's tax and tested does have 140k on the clock but looks like its been well looked after I've seen one for, I'm not saying your isn't :) but four new tyres being £250 plus car £400 tax M.O.T could end up costing a lot to get back on the road. I would still list it here and where ever you want to I would say you might get £400 from a breaker as the sad fact is the parts of the car is worth more then the car its self :( sorry to say

I'm just trying to sell an 02 Jag V6 with damage no MOT because the fuel pumps had it, but fully repairable at most £400 if you can't do the work yourself ,  a great car and only after £400 for that. The market seems unless your giving it away people don't really want to know at the min :(

But best of luck with what ever you choose :D

Wotcha and welcome - unfortunately it may be worth holding on until the market lifts a bit - but there is certainly no harm in asking the question, add some pics, as there is no post count requirement with this forum and see if a response is generated  :) 

Thanks!!  :)

I didn't want to go down the route of taking her to a breakers, because TBH I think I'd cry LOL (soppy woman, with soppy attachment to her wheels).

I think I'm going to have to resign myself to the fact that, I don't have the time or inclination to tidy her back up myself and if I could get £400 from a breaker then it might have to be that way. I didn't think I'd get that much for her from a breakers yard actually!!

Hmmm, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and see what they can offer me, or if anyone out there wants to chuck me 400 notes and take her away for harvesting then hit me up!!

Thanks again for a speedy reply, definitely given me some food for thought.

;)

List it on eBay as spears or repairs that's your best bet going direct to a breaker they may offer you less. That's what I would do. And it's not soppy at all I know I would cry if I had to see my car get broken down :)

if its good I would spend the money and put some part worns on it to get it through the mot, as by doing this it could go for over a grand.

that's what id do if it was mine.

• Like 1