subaru remap

hi guys im sure this has been asked before but here goes , just brought a 2002 bug eye wrx totally standard car and only 2 owners very very tidy and straight car , my question is what bhp does it run as standard and whar bhp increase can i expect if i have a remap done and is this safe as dont wana cause damage or further costs , any help would be much appreciated thanks in anticipation Andy 

Hi mate welcome to S.O.C

I too have a Bug. Standard  they're 216BHP if I remember been awhile ;) I have mine running at 300BHP but I've had other parts added to the car so it's no longer standard. But with a remap I could have it running 350 ok with no problems I just went for 300 as its a nice round number and with cost of fuel. I wouldn't want to advise you on saying it would be safe to have it mapped to 260BHP or anything as I don't do mapping myself But would say that is a maximum you would ever be able to get. But with some mods, Decat, bigger turbo, Pink injectors. the list can go on just a few to help push the 300BHP but it all costs ££££

Hope that helps some what

And would love to see some pictures if you get chance mate

• Like 1