Hello

bobbit

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,many thanks for your kind replies,i have got some pics of the Burgundy beast ,which I will try and get on here.But sadly after only a few weeks of ownership we must part.The story so far is that I purchased a 1997 Legacy with 214k on the clock,its got a few scratches and drives like a dream(with a few rattles here & there).Firstly the "engine check fault" light would come on intermittently but it went through its MOT with only a couple of bulbs to replace,after this I fuelled up to the max for the second time and low and behold the filler neck pipe has decided to spring a leak.So I got on the net and searched for the part(not easy),I was losing heart but enjoyed looking at some of the other models.My work is a bit busy and I don't have acres of time for what could be a big project.....so.....yesterday I became the proud owner of a 3ltr outback on an X plate.As I have never driven an automatic before I was a bit apprehensive but the 100 mile + journey home was really cool.I would love to keep both but we don't have the room.Anyway ,sorry about the delay in replying.I'm hoping that we will have some decent sunshine tomorrow for some pics of the new beast.I'm not the best on these computer things but I will try and get the old finger out.

Wow sorry to hear about the Legacy :( And by the sounds of it was going to need a few £££ chucked at it to put right :( But the outback good choice. And I don't like the idea of an auto never have, would feel like I'm not in complete control with out sounding like a freak :D Well maybe a little bit :D

Well feel free to share pictures up of both cars if you get chance before you part ways with the 1st one :D

good morning dude,yep, could be an expensive adventure but I would rather take a hit on reselling it to someone who would benefit from it.I know what you mean about autos, I had always slagged them,it was my first go at it on Fridayand it went ok,its a very lazy way of driving,anyways gotta go and take the niece to some kiddies zoo thing,hoping to get some real poo on the outback tyres.

Outback is a good choice - I have had a couple of auto's in the past made long journeys and driving around London a lot easier but I do prefer a stick for driving control although I would be interested in having a go in one of those double clutch flappy paddle auto's