Where's the aerial?

Dino

My WRX radio/cassette/CD has a standard Subaru fitted KENWOOD GX-401EF2 like this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUBARU-IMPREZA-II-CD-PLAYER-RADIO-CASSETTE-KENWOOD-GX-401EF2-/131347173945?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item1e94e6d239

It picks up major channels like Radio 1, 2, 3, 4 but it doesn't pick up any localised radio stations. This leaves me at a bit of a dis-advantage when it comes to getting local traffic TA reports.

Do I have an aerial on my WRX? I can't see one on the body... Or is it using the rear window wiring, like the heated rear element perhaps? Or is there a setting on any Subaru radio or radio so it can search for local stations too?

Thanks.

Interesting. So, I need to get a cold day and see if there's any breaks in the rear window wiring because I reckon if this is the case then I can use that electro stuff to connect it up for a better radio reception.

Otherwise, can may be the electrical connection to the rear window wiring which I'll check too later on today. :)

After checking this out yesterday morning on the way to work with the heated rear on, it does look like I have a contact break in lowest electrical line no.5 of the heated rear window. So, if it uses this as an aerial, reception is likely poor because of this. I have this electrical connector conductivity fluid somewhere in the garage (now have to find it). Look to fixing when its cold enough to freeze the rear window and I can see where the break is. Then as least I've eliminated that as a potential cause of poor reception  :) Else, its a crap radio and I'll need to seek another one.

• Like 1