Water ingress in boot (not tail lights) 2003 blob sti

craigie460

I've got a really annoying leak in the boot of my car. I've read loads of stuff on tail lights leaking but this is something else. If I open the boot and look at the inside of the boot lid it's running with water and the spare wheel is paddling around in a pool of water. I've had the spoiler off and resealed but it's not made any odds. anyone else had this kind of leak?

Around the spoiler is another place. Could do what one of the other members suggested. By drying it out line it with newspaper then pour water around all the areas it could be. I.e around the full boot lid spoiler and lights. If it's not doing it from there then I'd say be a rubber bung under the car.

years ago i had a pugeot 306 estate company car, kept getting water in footwell turned out some of the water ways were blocked with dirt and silt

had to find them under the windscreen and poke a wire coat hanger down these holes!! loads of mud and stuff come out and never had a issue again

• 2 months later...

Have you sorted this yet buddy? I had the same problem and found it was a tiny gap between where two bits of metal join in the boot (hard to explain without pictures)... Just filled the gap with sealant and haven't had the problem since! Let me know and i'll get some pics for you if you still haven't managed to sort it :)

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

best way that i found is open the boot lid and poor water around the sides of the seal, if this is not leaking my bet would be spoiler or tiny leak from the light seals. Mine was found using this method and was found to be the boot seal causing alot of water occasionally to pool in the wheel well and then not, was only on certain back days, i found the water was staying on the boot and finding its way under the tiniest hole in the seal.