Help with my wrx sti

chankz

HI all,

Ive just gone to lock my car after the drive home and the remote central locking has stopped working, it locks (double locks) fine with the key manually. - I've tried with both remotes so its not a flat Battery, also the car itself had a new Battery fitted around 2 months ago.

I've also noticed the immobiliser light isnt flashing on the dash - and the car wont start!

The only fuse I can think it might be is the "Engine ignition system" which ive checked and it looks fine.

Anyone have any other ideas what it could be?

Thanks!

Chris.

Hi mate welcome to S.O.C

I'm just wondering if you have any overhead power lines or anything close that might be causing an interference. Ash one of our members had gone to a festival in a field and had a similar experience. Shouldn't push these car at all but they had too to get far enough away for it to start.

Hi,

Nope - its just parked in my street as normal. Started absolutely fine and drove home 5 mins away fine and turned off with the key as normal, then went to lock with the remote and discovered the problem.

Cheers.

I had same issue. But I was stuck 45 miles away at work. Luckily aa guy bypassed immobilizer to start a car but he said whatever you do dont stop it or yoj wont start it. When I got home I obviously stopped it. Howether I tryied my spare key. And guess what car started as normal. I think key fob is dead. Could be same with yours.

HI Steve,

Its not the fob as I have 2 which I use at random so each one gets used almost every other day and they both work, also the immobiliser light isnt flashing on the dash.

I've phoned Subaru who said I need to try and find the 4 digit code for the keypad to over-ride the immobiliser so fingers crossed i can find that tonight.

Cheers,

Chris.

I had a similar issue with my old sigma alarm 2 days before I was due to go on holiday .

Had a local mobile alarm fitter fit a new cat 1 alarm with integrated turbo timer for £290 .

Don't know where your based but I used mark @ suffolk car alarms ,couldn't recommend him enough great service , he will travel but unsure how far

£290 isnt too bad I guess, if i cant find the keypad code maybe ill give Clifford a ring.

The car was due for a cambelt change at Subaru next week anyway so maybe I should just take it to them still and let them do both.

Then time to sell I think sadly!

My 05 blob did this. I managed to get the code from a subaru dealer to get the car started.

Spare worked ok when I got home then a few days later the other one worked again too. There was no fault with fob as I had the Battery and signal strength tested at the near by timpson key cutting place.

thanks for the info - fingers crossed I can get the code from them on Monday as I cant find it anywhere!

Just hope its not been changed since the original code!

Cheers,

Chris.