Driven here by desperation

AonghasR

Hi all,

As per my title I am in desperation and have spent the last three months looking for a replacement rear shock absorber for my 2003 Subaru Forester 2.0 at a sensible price, to no avail.

The part I am looking for is 20360SA030 Self levelling drivers side rear shock. {its the one with the second small hydraulic chamber}

I have tried aftermarket so called compatible ones but ended up with the back of the car 3 inches lower than the front and not able to take any weight in the boot as the springs are too soft to take the weight without the proper shock.

eBay sellers seem to want silly prices and pedders.co.uk offer a compatible replacement kit for £250, has anyone experience of their solution ?

i have also tried various scrap yard part search engine all with no results, even my local dealer wont reply to my enquiry.

So if anyone has a breaking forester or knows the whereabouts of a rear shock that will work, please get in touch.

Many Thanks

PS. The pictures are of the near side shock

post-306-0-55628000-1354902888_thumb.jpg

post-306-0-84303500-1354902891_thumb.jpg

post-306-0-68454600-1354902895_thumb.jpg

Hi Peter Just had a look and as usual the message is "no vehicle matching etc etc" . Will give them a call this week to find out for sure.

Thanks very much for taking the time to help.

http://vehicles.motorhog.co.uk/breaking-vehicles/vrm-lookup/results/K900ACR/72d70228280709019f45d85b8581d134cfafc165/

Thanks again

Angus

Hi, Just to let you all know I have managed to get all four original Subaru shocks on eBay for under £300.

Think I will start a campaign to ensure that parts depreciate at the same rate as vehicles !

Edited by AonghasR