Any other Insurance discounts with club membership?

Si w

As per the title really...

Does paid up membership get a discount with anyone other than flux? They just gave me silly quote on a wrx wagon with ppp. Higher than my modded 200sx! So im looking elsewhere!

Thanks Gambit, i never would have thought discount would be open to non paid users. Its very good here! Its quite the incentive to get paid up anyway id say!

And thank you Dan! I will send you the details tomorrow as theyre on my desk at work.

• Like 1

Only thank me if you get a better deal ;) But thank you no we try our best to give a friendly more family approach with the forum. And Dans a good guy he will try his best I'm sure to help get you the best deal they can ;) 

I find it's swings and roundabouts with insurance. Some people get low qoutes others get high quotes. I know it depends on a few things like age postal code and any driving offences. But still seems to be different from one week to the next. Like if I go on a compare site I'll get one price go back another week be something else. One company I would never touch is 1st central :angry:  

I find it's swings and roundabouts with insurance. Some people get low qoutes others get high quotes. I know it depends on a few things like age postal code and any driving offences. But still seems to be different from one week to the next. Like if I go on a compare site I'll get one price go back another week be something else. One company I would never touch is 1st central :angry:  

Guess who I'm with :P

Ok I can speak of my own problems with them the list is huge I was glad to get them gone. Og and not to mention what qoute you have now will rise by about £2500 by renewal there cowboys mate. 

But heres some of the reviews always worth googling insurance companies ;) Top tip of the day :)

"Anybody reading this. Please do not purchase your car insurance with 1st Central. They are the worst company I Have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. It takes at least 30 minutes to get through. Then when you finally do, the person can only take a message and get somebody to ring you back. WHICH THEY DON'T. My car has now been sitting at the garage for over 2 weeks, waiting for somebody to give the go ahead. After trying to ring every single day, still no joy. They should not have company's like this on Confused.com. My fault I should of checked out before purchasing I suppose :-( Will make sure everybody knows though!!! Just posting it on Facebook now!!!!"

"For anybody who's still interested....
I cancelled my policy several weeks ago. 
Last week I rang 1st Central (3 disconnections from their "improved" phone service) to find out why they hadn't refunded the extra premiums, or sent me a proof of NCD certificate that I'd asked for.
Sure enough, they hadn't actually bothered to cancel the policy.
Hence no refund.
I kicked up another fuss, and managed to get the cancellation backdated to the date of my original instruction. That was a week ago. Still no refund.
On the plus side, I did get a proof of NCD certificate - complete with error.
Can't this shower get a single thing right?"

iv been with 1st central for 1 year now and i would like Tom - Head of Business Development at First Central Insurance Servicese to answear this if he dares angry-smiley-030.gif few months ago someone crashed in to my car and i wasent even in the car we passed details and i informed 1st central about the crash one month goes by and no news from your selfs and no hire car either and yes it was in my policy to get a hire car so i phoned ues up and after a month and a week of calls and hours of phone calls your customer service told me i was to go third party and sort it out my self OMG thats what i pay your company to do so after 3 months of talking to the other insurance company i got a check to by a new car and still no hire car from ues then yeha you tell me iv got to pay more money to get my car on to a new policy wich i wasent happy with but needed to get done now this is a good one when you first get insurance with you self you pay your deposit and ten monthy payments to pay your insurance so your deposit covers admin and the other to months of your insurance but your company done me out of that cause wen i got the new car i paid another deposit plus double direct debits to pay up to the end of my police so thats 2 deposits bumped out of my free 2 months and paying you to do a job that you never done but it gets better my insurance is up and your company wants me to pay anothe frigen deposit wat are you playing at and im taking advice to get trading standards involved if you dont sort thisangry-smiley-030.gif

Thats three peoples posts on money saver the list just goes on and on and on. 

But I had gone fully comp declared all mods paid up for the year was about 3 months into the insurance looking through to tax the car I'd just happened to read the certificate I was 3rd party and wasn't under any mods listed  :angry: so from what I had added on was now no longer there they had fiddled with it. Then I rang them up to sort it out could never get through was costing me to ring. Was told tough **** I should sell the car or sorn it as it was now illegal for me to drive with mods or take them off. The list just grew mate. I stuck with them until the end just for the years NCB and laughed like hell with the renewal came through as I said £2500 more. Oh and I had car Stereo theft thing when I signed up when mine got stolen had no record of that either. I hate them and everything the company stands for.  

• 2 weeks later...