Cold start sort of issue

Sandals

I say sort of issue, because it has only happened twice in the 4 months I've owned the car...

The first time it happened it was -5 so I purely put it down to the temperature, the engine is turning over and it sounds like it's almost catching and it took about 3-4 seconds for the engine to start, usually it's pretty much straight away. This was probably back in December, then tonight leaving work it did it again, only this time it was +5 degrees... I know not exactly roasty toasty, but didn't think it was cold enough to affect anything.

Anything I could check relatively easily? Baring in mind by under-the-bonnet mechanic knowledge is pretty limited.

No doubt it will be fine tomorrow morning when I leave for work :D

Weirdly mine is doing this! Not from cold though, every morning is perfect. I can drive home from work, park up, have tea and what not. When I try and start it the engine keeps trying to start then eventually splutters itself into life. Done it twice in the past couple of months lol. Engine gremlins

Weirdly mine is doing this! Not from cold though, every morning is perfect. I can drive home from work, park up, have tea and what not. When I try and start it the engine keeps trying to start then eventually splutters itself into life. Done it twice in the past couple of months lol. Engine gremlins

Weird isn't it? If it was doing it maybe after I haven't used the car for a few days... then I wouldn't be surprised, but I've been using it all week and driving a minimum of 12 miles. I'll go to Halfords during the week and get them to test the Battery

Battery tested perfect! Maybe because I was quite low on fuel? It was weird, my fuel gauge was nearly on the empty line, but for whatever reason my fuel warning light wasn't on (it has come on before) but I filled it up regardless... Possible it could be something to do with that?