Just bought my first subaru

Exup1000

Hello everyone,just wanted to say hello.

bought my first subaru this week and I love it already, it's my first turbo'd engine ( in a car) and I want to look after it so I thought I'd join and hopefully pick up so good tips along the way

Curtis

Hi Curtis welcome to S.O.C

If you have any problems or just want to join in on the many random off topic chat's you are more then welcome. And Jay and I love pictures we often share some between our self's :huh: So please feel free to share some when you get chance........ I mean of the car.. Of course  ;)  

• Like 1

Hey nobody said anything of not want underpants pictures haha :) I've been sending Jay mine in the post not even had so much as a private message back I think he likes to plays hard to get :D

• Like 1

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wotcha and welcome Curtis - from your profile name it would suggest we also have something else in common as I have an FZR1000R to get my two wheeled tarmac fix

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wotcha and welcome Curtis - from your profile name it would suggest we also have something else in common as I have an FZR1000R to get my two wheeled tarmac fix

You are correct jay, sounds like we have the same model exup. Mines the RU. My dad had the street fighter look on it when it was his which I'm not keen on so it's been in the garage as a project getting it back to how it should be with the addition of an R6 tail unit. I'll upload some albums car and bike stuff when I get five

• Like 1

I know this is the wrong discussion area but I've got some sort of small oil spray coming from somewhere under the inter cooler, any ideas? I'm gonna whip it off tomorrow and have a look

C

Ps good to mean you all,sounds like your all wired up bit wrong like me so should be a laugh on here

Would say maybe a split pipe or it's popped off. Could be a big fault but will go with the pipe as 1st guess :)

And you have to be a little mental to get through life so welcome aboard :D

You are correct jay, sounds like we have the same model exup. Mines the RU. My dad had the street fighter look on it when it was his which I'm not keen on so it's been in the garage as a project getting it back to how it should be with the addition of an R6 tail unit. I'll upload some albums car and bike stuff when I get five

Mines an 89 R model - will be putting an old style R6 back end on eventually, its been a long term tweak as you go whilst trying to minimise down time, just put in a 6speed box and reassembled, then partially dissasembled as a coolant seal had failed, fired up last weekend to find a slight oil leak on cam cover - :angry:  so got to pull the box carbs etc off again to get that sorted.

Just picked up my mates 2000 R6 which has a compression problem on No.1 pot so once the FZR is finally finished I have that to investigate.

Mines an 89 R model - will be putting an old style R6 back end on eventually, its been a long term tweak as you go whilst trying to minimise down time, just put in a 6speed box and reassembled, then partially dissasembled as a coolant seal had failed, fired up last weekend to find a slight oil leak on cam cover - :angry:  so got to pull the box carbs etc off again to get that sorted.

Just picked up my mates 2000 R6 which has a compression problem on No.1 pot so once the FZR is finally finished I have that to investigate.

That's cool, mines the 92 with the fox eye head light, I've used the 2000 r6 seat unit as it looks right and not like someone's waked it on. Just had all the alloy welding done on it and I've been doing body work to the tank to make it fit to the seat, a lot of people fall down here and the conversion ends up looking rubbish. The carbs do my head in for removal and re fitting I overhauled mine as there was half a beach in the float chamber for sitting idle,well worth it but a pain to fit.

• Like 1

I took various pictures including the fibreglass moulds I made for the tank.i'll get them together and drop you a message when I upload the file.may be a week or two as I'm busy at the moment.also if you like the way I've done mine I'll help you with yours, it's no bother

• Like 1

Post them here mate, I'm happy to look I use to ride off road bikes. Always wanted to get on road bike but can really only have one toy at a time and the car wins with having kids :)

And I would need to get legal now and all the kit :(