Clips on Air Box

Dino

I noticed today that both black plastic w clips / clamps have broken on top of my air filter box (with the air filter inside). These seem to push into the top corners of the air box.

I found one clip bit under the air box after removing the long air intake scoop.

These two air box clips support and hold in place two black water hoses (one thicker than the other). Because these clips get hot, the plastic gets brittle and breaks.

Does anyone know where to get replacement air box top plastic clips please? I've not seen any yet. With Thanks :)

Thought I'd add a photo. A picture paints more than a thousand words... The left clip has broken at the bottom and the right clip has broken underneath where it joins into the air box.

If anyone knows where to get these clips (other than a main dealer) then I'd appreciate the info. Thanks.

post-3181-0-75313300-1425290472_thumb.jp

Nice one. If its like my shed and garage you'll be lost in there a week. My wife has a walkie-talkie to retrieve me lol. PM me if you find them and we can discuss further. Many Thanks Matt  :)

Hi Matt, just out of interest, if you re-clipped these hoses on the air box using something else, what would that be? I've tried to find something else myself but its challenging to find anything that will fit. If you've got two spares though I'm interested :) With Thanks.

ah right, understand. :) Was thinking about that but my work would not be happy with even more noise lol ;)

Interestingly, I found the standard black air scoop is best when its pushed on and then pulled back to lock-in the join with the white pipe in the wing. When I did this the acceleration impact was immense! Sealing up all tubes so they're air tight makes a big difference on these engines :)