Top mount Intercooler

Exup1000

Hello, I was just reading about a scooby someone had done up and at the bottom of the page there was a note saying cars fitted with a top mount intercooler should not run at 140mph or over for prolonged periods of time as damage will occur.can anyone explain a little more? Is it due to not getting enough cold air

Haha well I shouldn't worry about it, unless you was going to be driving down the runway from Fast And The Furious 6

I don't really have an answer to this either. Might be the air flow through the bonnet scoop is not enough at that speed for along period of time to keep everything cool. But I doubt running any car for long enough at 140mph would do it any good :D

I guess, I used to have a mini fire blade ( honda cbr400 gull arm) it only done 135mph which I used to sit at all the way down the A249 which got a bit boring after a while know that I couldn't go any faster.obviously I've slowed done in my oldness of age and only do the speed limit so your right don't have to worry ;)