Power/Revs Pulsing

Garry17

Howya folks?

Only recently bought a 2005 2.0 XT

The car was lying up for a couple of weeks due to a wee ding, but since I got her back today I've had a strange problem.

The Power / Revs are pulsing

I can notice it when driving along the car is surgung/lagging/surging both when driving normally and when in cruise control

Also when I'm sitting idling there is a slight pulse

If I increase the revs to 1.5K she pulses around regularly i.e. rythmical (approx 30 times / min)

If I increase the revs to 2K she does the same but a couple of more pulses per min

And if I increase the revs to 2.5K, same again but a couple of more pulses than that

Panel beater that repaired the car reckoned dirty injector, so I popped in a bottle of injector cleaner into half tank of petrol

A buddy of mine has had similar problems with different cars and he reckons Throttle Body.

I rang a car diagnostic Co and he reckons no point putting her on diagnostics unless theres an engine management light (which there's not)

Anybody any ideas on where my problem might lie?

Thanks in advance.

Garry

I would chuck some carb cleaner through the throttle body 1st see if that helps might have got clogged up I would put money on it being the airflow just what part. I would also look at the (MAFS) mass airflow sensor if its gone bad or needs a clean gives the same symptoms you have said. there the cheap places to start. Hope it helps sort the problem :)

• Like 1

Check all your jubalee clips on your hoses from intake and airbox are done up tight and the airbox its self is airtight. Could be air seeping out somewhere and it's trying to compensate for it

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Right folks meant to post up the solution to my problem but just getting around to it now.

After a lot of trouble it turned out as dogma1 has said to be a Lambda Sensor, unfortunately it wasn't showing up in diagnostics.... Thanks to Paul Wray Motorsport in Strabane NI for sorting me out

• Like 2