EML not lighting up?

Grays85

Mr b do you have a link that doesn't use Google drive ?

I've got an evoscan cable plus there software but it doesn't display cel codes that we'll hoping the ssm 1 will work save spending on an esl cable & software

another query...yeah i know summers here..lol

Ive got the 16 pin black, the 2 green connectors,(separated) is there supposed to be a black pair?

maybe thats why the EML never comes on?

and fuse 4 is missing from engine compartment fuse panel but there are no spades to accept a fuse?

post-4188-0-60026000-1429365361_thumb.jp

^ Is a pain, as you ssm1 it won't work, freeSSM works on ssm2 obd1&2, evoscan will read live sensor data/log on ssm1 but if you look at the drop down box for selecting DCT method it also only supports DCT from ssm2 :-/

hey guys had a good old root around under the dash for this black cable..nothing taped up anywhere, only one i can see thats similar is a constantly connected with a white connector? other than disconnecting this?? I can't find one? thats the data read cable?

2006 Forester 2.5XTE

thanks in advance

No black pair as you OBD2.

Just plug in your OBD2 dongle & try connect to your iphone, hopefully it will read ok & have no error codes.

That would leave you assuming more than likely light at fault, I have had earlier ones with dead CEL light but never come across a dead CEL light on likes of 2003 onwards :-/

If you have problems with iphone software I will upload/link an OBD2 PC software which has USB/BT & WiFi connection options ... actually you can find links to software, cable, dongles in post below >

http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/topic/10869-help-forester-diagnostics/?p=63645

• Like 1

if i can return a favour i downloaded the subaru forester 06 repair manual, if you haven't got it and need anything give me a shout.. i think i can work out how to send it.. Dropbox files

^ Have a look at those manuals & if yours better or EU model specific add a link ...

Back on topic of CEL light, I think (need good look at wiring diagram & car) the ECU controls the light via grounding the CEL light, if you look at a ECU pin diagram & can see the CEL input you could test its voltage & also try external grounding the input & if CEL illuminates by external grounding then likely ecu issue !

• Like 1

Well tried the VAG com diagnostic with SSM software, got the fault codes come up for the secondary air issues, but nothing come up for the self leveling warning lamp and nothing to say the EML was off, how can I switch it back but not the air intakes faults.?

• 2 weeks later...

Car just back from the garage, can't find out why the EML / MIL / ECU light won't illuminate, and can't tell which sensor if any has gone on the autoleveling light system... good grief its so annoying!!

probably one wire cut somewhere... the LED in the dash cluster appears to be fine anyone got a clue? or an Electrical diagnostic software i could download, mac / windows?

Have you grounded the CEL wire to ECU & found CEL light works ?

You also want test what the CEL input terminal is doing at ign on (should be switched earth while light on then if no faults open circuit)

Best thing to do if running out of ideas is disconnect Battery pull plugs out of ecu & check/clean them with electrical contact cleaner then reconnect & run engine & see what happens in terms of CEL & if error codes returning. certainly not a lot wrong but could be hard pinpoint.

• Like 2