Thermostat question

Mine is pretty much the same,but bang on middle,ideally you want the car to get up to temp as soon as possible for efficiency (wear/tear/mpg etc etc).

Then stat opens and your car should sustain an optimum running temp for again efficiency.

Manufacturers do build in a "parameter" of which the needle will stay,i know from fitting a temp gauge on a mitsi,the gauge would be 1/2 way from the opening of stat(78oC) up to highest i had seen 102oC............needle did not move. Would guess over 110oC or so it would edge up which could possibly be too late(stat stuck shut or head gasket etc).

Reasons are to stop the customer panicking,(in basic terms)one minute its 2/3rds,next its at a 1/3rd and so forth........... 

There is an interesting article on Toyota,via tests etc but cant find link from a few years back(sure testing was done in OZ).

Cheers Ven.

Loved Scoobys since I was a kid, finally got one

I have always liked them,i had a few quick cars pre kids :lol: went down hill..................and up as got a 4x4 shogy. 12mpg was enough to make a grown man cry :lol: cracking truck though..............So time came after 8+yrs,found a 1 owner wrx(was not too bothered if sti or wrx tbh) in black,the rest is history. Do miss my auto box and sat up high........and going anywhere too.

Not going daft as "may" end up going sti route..........will see as happy for now and only a work tool with added fun and a car to keep a bit of interest. Few little mods coming up,probably after some holidays etc so not on priority list right now. When done will be threads..........

But yes,no regrets,enjoying the flat 4,had missed a TC motor tbh............brings back good memories :)