Short shifters......talk to me

Exup1000

Hey dudes, got a bit to much movement in the gear stick so I'm going to change the bushes, and I thought I'd put a short shifter in while I was there as the satandard one is about a meter long!. I've found a couple,COBB, KARTBOY, and TWM so far . Anyone got any preferences that works well ?

Hi Terry Tibbs ;) I've not really used them but have been looking at these for awhile now. I have it on my maybe to do list on page 5 after my to do list :)

only thing I really found was people have said even the cheapish ones worked well but the better makes feel better so don't really think you can go wrong with any choice. But that's just from what I seen :)

been wondering about this too. after rebuilding my box and re installing it i noticed after i bolted box together that one of the linkages was jammed up in the bush pulled it all out then noticed that the lever inside has a hell of a play now. so either new bush or a quick shift now i think

• 1 year later...

I have fitted a B&M shifter to my classic, that was just removing old great stick from inside the car and refiting the short shifter stick which had different geometry to shorten the the throw.

I have also fitted a Kartboy to my hatch STI. Same as the B&M change in geometry to shorten the throw. This involved both inside and outside as I bought the combo kit and changed the bushes and gearbox mount for polyurethane versions.

http://www.kartboy.com/x4/product.php?productid=16174&cat=258&bestseller=Y

Both jobs were pretty easy, but as with anything you get what you pay for. The Kartboy is a much better product than the B&N as the B&N came loose a cple of times.

• Like 1