2005 forester central locking problems

Mtb154

My car is starting to really annoy me now, the car will only open if you put the keys onto the windscreen, any further away and it will not open, I went up the town the other day and parked in a 20 min zone as I was only going to the bank, got back to the car and could not open it at all, went to H Samuel and got a new Battery in the key and still only opened from as close as the windscreen. Any ideas please.

Is it a Sigma alarm ! (one button on the all in one key-remote & manual keypad input panel in flipdown coin tray near drivers right knee ?)

Do you know your 4 digit pin & know how use it ? as could be handy if fully unable use remote ...

M30 main ecu is under dash area near glovebox, they have a dangling black wire which is the receiver antenna, some times repositioning this upwards & clear of interference items can help, also check the connector that takes the receiver wire is securely plugged into the alarm ecu.

Do you have more than one remote & do both have same issue !?

Worse case scenario is receiver board bad.

Cheers mate, it is the one button keys and keypad, I do have the keypad number, it is both keys that have to be put against the car to open it, even with new batteries in them, I will have a look to see if I can see the antenna and reposition it. Do I need to remove the glove box or is it accessible from underneath??

Yeh ideally want remove glovebox .

If playing with arial position or extending arial into a loop on end,, checking the harness plug & spraying contact cleaner on it does not make good enough improvement you probably looking at needing new alarm ecu as fault will be receiver.

Certainly worth testing you 4 digit pin code to be sure you know how use it & it correct/works as you would be up 5hit creek without it if remote system fails work completely .

Its an option, what I have done for customers before is get hold of alarm ecu & one keyfob from a breaker & reprogram it to original keyfob & set new pin.

Cheap & easy, you could do that yourself, trick is need one working remote but generally it not that hard find a breaker which still got a key-fob with it . Some dealers have replacement alarm set still available & that about £225 I think .

Thanks for the info mate. Do you know where the black wire ends up, if I'm looking at the right wire does it cross the floor pan from centre console then go up towards the A post.

Should just be a 9 inch black wire hanging loose or sometimes wrapped around the heater motor. If the latter....free it up a let it hang down. See if that improves it.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 edge using Tapatalk