Major key grief

scroller

Looking for advice/help with the following; my JDM BP5 came with only one key. Since December I've been trying to obtain a spare. Finally, through Subaru UK, the correct part was ordered from Japan. Last week the blank key was cut and coded by Woodford Motors. But ......though the key will start the car and open the doors manually it won't activate the central locking and with it, the alarm. So, a quick look on the forum showed a fairly easy manual method of entering the key id into the car and solving the problem. But ....no id, not written on or inside the key, just a series of unrelated numbers and letters  on the circuit board. SUK unhelpful  as soon as the word "import" was used. So, is there a solution, can the 8 digit key id be read from the key or should I accept defeat? 

No, there's no helpful info on the invoice. I'm the first owner in the UK but as far as I know it's completely standard so I presume it's a factory fitted alarm.

That's an !Removed! then,

Odd that somone would have fitted a UK spec alarm to an import, you'd think that a key I'd could be read, maybe play dumb and go to a different dealer and say just bought car has key buy need code etc ?

Further to my efforts - two internet derived attempts. First, sit in car, close door, key in ignition, 10 turns from lock to on, back to lock, open and close door. At this stage the horn should honk then programming begins. Nothing from mine, instead the characters "AL-on" displayed on the dash. That looked promising but pressing either button had no effect. Second method, remove the driver's kickplate the join the two white plastic connectors, then program. Again, all looked good but no response from the key. Any new ideas more than welcome!