Miggs

hi guys and gals, i have been a forum goer for some 15 or so years now, mainly VW forums but i have had enough of the VW scene now, its all same crap different driver and getting to boy racer ish too, anywhooo

i have a uk turbo 2000 V3 wagon which i'm more than happy with, i need a few bits for it but cash is tight so that stuff can wait

cheers guys, always wanted one but when i went in a stock uk turbo i wasn't that impressed then my mate bought a bug eye and as he's power hungry he went up to 418bhp, i then went to a subaru rolling road day with about 12 lads, all doing 3 runs, went back to my mates in his bug and got in my v6 golf, i thought my engine had fallen out it was so quiet, i started the hunt and found mine thats had a few tweaks taking it roughly to 250bhp, although the guy i got it off was adament it was over 300 lol

found the pics from when i bought it, i haven't given it a proper detailing yet so don't have any i have taken, as soon as it's been detailed i shall get some recent snaps up

subaru-impreza-turbo-2000-awd-S176703-2.

subaru-impreza-turbo-2000-awd-S176703-1.

and this was my last golf

20120514_170936.jpg

2012-06-17142133.jpg

DSC_5604.jpg

i do miss the heated seats

that's my wifes mk4 at the back, my mk3 in the middle and my friends mk3 at the front

DSC_3800.jpg

this was the mk3 full side shot

16.jpg

again with heated leather

12.jpg

i can't find any of the mk2 so i'll stop boring you all now lol

and the one before it

parts are starting to cost a fortune now as more people have them and sellers have twigged so put the prices up, plus the amount of times i have had to repair the vw's whereas the impreza has only had £40 spent on it for repairs snce i've had it, parts are so easy to remove on them too, a vw takes 6 x 12 spline bolts to hold a driveshaft on and it's a 2 man job to undo, the impreza has one roll pin, it took me and Dogma nearly 3 days to change a steering rack on my old golf, it took Dogma about an hour to swap on on his own on the impreza, plus the V6 engine from early golfs has an amazing soundtrack but not that much power to back the noise up, the impreza sounds immense even without a turbo lol

I must admit Subaru's are one of the easiest cars I've worked with. some things I hate though like the bulbs in the headlights are not to easy to change and spark plugs just seem like a ball ache :(

I take it you know Dogma then :)

And my grandfather was German use to only ever have VW's he use to drive over twice a year :) But I would always say the change from the Golf to the Subaru was all ways a good idea :D

i've had a mk2 golf, that was a fun car to drive, i put numerous engines in it including the 2.8 VR6, i thought i'd never have a car better than that for the fun factor but the impreza puts a massive smile on my face all the time, by far the most fun car i've owned and driven

yeh Dogma lives down the road from me

as for the headlights, i found the easiest was to swap bulbs it remove the headlight unit, 1 screw for the side light, 4 10mm bolts for the headlight and they are off

I agree did you have the car in winter ?

If not wait till the snow comes then the real fun start's. While everyone else is stuck or trying to get around a corner without crashing you will find you're doing it with ease side ways :D

And my lights are not the same and there Morette headlights that have a quick release clip on does what it says but impossible to put back on with out removing the Battery so not quick to put back :D

I agree did you have the car in winter ?

If not wait till the snow comes then the real fun start's. While everyone else is stuck or trying to get around a corner without crashing you will find you're doing it with ease side ways :D

And my lights are not the same and there Morette headlights that have a quick release clip on does what it says but impossible to put back on with out removing the battery so not quick to put back :D

i did start driving it in the winter and did have a brown trouser moment when i was drifting unintentionally with on coming trafic, the last golf i had was a 4motion (4wd) so i've had a 4wd car before but the golf wasn't a full time 4wd only when needed, the scoob is fun in wet, dry, ice or snow, i love going round the roundabouts in the wet

That golf is seriously low!! - very clean examples also - is detailing your trade or just something you have the patience for?

it was as low as i could get away with as i have a sloping driveway, it's always funny watching people cringe when the sills are scraping over speedbumps lol

i only went silly low as that car was slow as fook, i will be lowering the impreza at some point but as i want to retain the handling of the car it will not be sump scraping low, the mk4 golf was actually bought cheap as it had been keyed all the way round but the mk2 was a stunner, i was 3rd owner from ne and it had full VW service history, it was a 97 car and had everything with it from day one in mint condition, i even had the original brochure from the dealers and the reciept for 18k from when i was bought new, it was a limited edition model an although i modified it i put it all back to standard when i sold it so it was still original

and no the detailing i don't do professionally but i do detail some cars for a bit of extra cash every now and again, i don't posess a machine polisher so it's all by hand so swirl marks and suchlike i can't get rid of but i can do the full clean, clay, polish and wax for a fraction of what a detailer will charge

• Like 2