Looking for a 52mm Gauge pod for 2008 Sti.

Scooby Pete

Looking at getting a boost Gauge, but trying to find a good looking gauge pod that isn't a pillar mount is like trying to find rocking horse poo.

Idealy I want something a 52mm pod like this from Zero Sports. But £140 plus shipping and taxes makes it way too expensive.
Anyone know of anything like this from the UK for at least less than £80 which I still think is too much for a single gauge pod. Scrooge that I am.

singlemeterhood01_002.jpg

Only ones I have are ,like this 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROTATING-SINGLE-2-52MM-GAUGE-POD-FOR-CAR-DASHBOARD-NEW-/350628532016?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item51a316cf30

And I think they suck only ones I ever see here are all for the pillar :( which is one of my next to buy because I don't want to get rid of my clock.

Yeah but with airbags in the pillars I'm thinking its a bit silly to put the gauges somewhere they can potentailly cause more damage (ie minor side impact, the bag goes off and the guages smash the windscreen) or even worse stop the airbag working properly.

Yeah good point. Small prang but 6 weeks in Hospital because the Pods did the damage :D Only other place I've seen them is on the part infront of the clocks drilled on the sides near the stakes for the lights But didn't like them there either. I do like the look of the one in the picture but agree £140.00 I don't think I could even bring myself to spend that on pods  :(

Thanks for that :)

I found a UK supplier of the Zero Sports one and they are asking £180+vat for what is just a peice of !Removed! Plastic.

2_20_9.jpg3_18_9.jpg

Might look at buying some Foam and Fibre glass to make my own.

• Like 1

What about a din gauge holder, basically replaces the Stereo with gauges, don't just look for subaru pods, try searching pods in general, mine was mounted on the steering column cowling

What about a din gauge holder, basically replaces the stereo with gauges, don't just look for subaru pods, try searching pods in general, mine was mounted on the steering column cowling

That's what I was trying to say :) I didn't like them there either :( for me but is always an option. But would have ago at making one myself. I wonder if there is any templates for these on the web might have a look. mate of mine make Ironman suits and stuff like that out of foam will ask him if he knows anywhere 

or go smaller gauges 45/42mm ? i've seen single din tripple mounts, it only appears to be a bit of plastic with 3 holes cut out. and they can't be angled either, bit like the option nismo gauge clusters on r32,33 skylines. could make them yourself

alternitavely just replace the dash panel with one of those fancy stack sets : ) bit extreme and very expensive but all the data you'll ever need

That's what I was trying to say :) I didn't like them there either :( for me but is always an option. But would have ago at making one myself. I wonder if there is any templates for these on the web might have a look. mate of mine make Ironman suits and stuff like that out of foam will ask him if he knows anywhere

Sorry pal, lost in translation ^o^

What about a din gauge holder, basically replaces the stereo with gauges, don't just look for subaru pods, try searching pods in general, mine was mounted on the steering column cowling

ETS Racing have a nice selection for scoobs upto 2007 you have to email if you want to buy anything.

http://www.ets-racing.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Page5.html