De cat non turbo

I have a 2001 non turbo sports special Impreza, and I was wondering if it's worth doing a de cat as previous owner has done a right bodge job on it....pipe welded straight into first cat, and it's ruined the power and sounds like it's constantly blowing...not to mention they drilled the air box...!! I looked into cats again but tbf they are just stupid money, any help appreciated and where is best to buy from. Thanks in advance

at the minute I'm having to floor it everywhere due to the exhaust I can't really see doing a de cat will make it worse. It sounds like a lawnmower with a grumpy git pushing it, some days I shout at it before I get in the car

I have looked for a few days now and it's like finding a needle in a haystack..I'm looking at de cat pipes from subaru4u who do de cat pipe 1 and 2 for £200 brand new, but not sure if that's a good price or not ? Non turbos are a pain in the !Removed! I should have stuck with my turbo as that used less fuel

I owned a blobeye 2 sport,i changed the exhaust for a cobra performance exhaust with their sport cat.i had it made and fitted at exhaustsuk.com in sheffield,very help fully and great service.they told me with the none turbo with de cat,sport cat or normal cat not to expect that much diffrence..and your right with fuel as my sport went threw tanks of petrol quicker then my turbo does,probly due to having to floor it all the time to get it goin and then it still feels slow.personally i'd say save your money and go back to a turbo.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have a de cat system with cobra sports back box on my non turbo I got the back box from exhaustuk in Sheffield too. Around town the scoob drinks fuel I've had a few wrx owners in my car and they have commented on it being quite nippy for a non turbo and very loud lol.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

When i had mine fitted i spent about 20 mins driving back and forth on the road under tinsley vierduct with window down to listen to car,lol childish i no but did sound good [emoji2]

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk