Noise under high boost

Hi guys,

So I think it's the factory bov when driving today and taking the car up to 5-6k in 4th when I pop the clutch in I got a noise it was part squeak part hiss. I found it happens every time the car comes off boost.

After driving the misses to hospital today it was getting a little louder and started to make a noise like someone trying to blow up a ballon or something when building up the revs.

So I would think its a leaking bov? And simply needs replacing with a 3rd party or subaru part.

Anyone got any thought? Looking under the bonnet everything looks done up tight and it's only under full boost as reving it on the drive I don't get the noise.

Thanks for any help

Alex

--

I make Films, Websites and social media for people

If it's the blow off it will leak under boost and not after? Is there a split in the pipe between the blow off and the intake pipe maybe? Or a loose clamp somewhere? You can check the blow also by removing it and applying air pressure to it, the same pressure as what you're boost is set to, before replacing it.

55 WRX STI PPP

• Like 1

Consti is correct.

If leaking on boost check the BOV itself.

If leaking when you let off, the air passes through the BOV and down the hose to your inlet pipe. If you have a split or loose clamp then the air will "hiss" out.

• Like 1

Ok so it started being when let off boost sounding like a vent to atmosphere bov but it's now doing it when under boost as well.

Right I will check all the pipes and see.

--

I make Films, Websites and social media for people

Think I have fixed it :-D

The hose coming off the intercooler was so loose when I touched the clip it span round. So pushed it back on and tightened it up and hope thats it for now.

Thanks for the help guys.

Alex

• Like 1