May be selling my Subaru Outback ?

smallzoo

I only bought my outback in October and its been great but I need to get a simple manual car for my son to drive and I cant afford both now, so I was going to put the feelers out with the subaru clubs first

Its a 1999, Legacy Outback , Blue over silver, 107k, engine is brilliant, just had service and cambelt. No rust or anything like that. A few marks on the bumpers, top of the range with electric seats etc..

Drop me a line if anyone is interested

Cheers

• 3 months later...

I've been trying to hang onto the legacy but I think I might have to sell it as I said for manual boring hatchback for my son as family comes first. Anyway I put it through an MOT and it only failed on a tyre.

Good Points: Start first time, drives fantastic, 12 months MOT, no rust or damage, cambelt done less than 1000 miles ago etc....

Bad Points:  Sunroof doesnt work but maybe just be WD40..A/C works great so never used them. other than that just a few scrapes on the bumpers which Ive not bothered doing..

Please no tyre kickers..Its a 15 year old car in great condition and I have a minimum I need to buy my son's car

I am based in cheshire ..

I have uploaded a gallery of images called outback under my name smallzoo.. if anyone is interested and has trouble getting the images let me know..

No problem mate as Steve said before worth putting a photo on here as well so people can see it. But best of luck again all the same. And thanks be great if you could let us know :)

It would probably be best if you put the pictures on something like photobucket and then posted the link that would display them within the thread

Yeah they will always give you  lower price. I'm shocked they offered you £850 though, they was only going to give £650 for a 2.1 v6 Jag on an 02 plate part X.

I would say private sale be looking at anywhere from £1000 to maybe £1200 depends on a few things like the service history and so on but that's what I would say you would be looking at as a very rough guess

Info for people in case they are interested..

Its a 15year old car..nothing of that age will have perfect bodywork or interior so I cant possibly answer every question and describe every single mark on the car. What I will say is that it is incredibly reliable, start first time, lovely engine, nice bodywork with no rust, and runs and drives fantastic.

Faults..Sunroof doesnt seem to to work but someone told me its probably not been used so may just need some WD40. To be honest the a/c works great so not needed it. Other than that there are a few scuffs on the bumpers but only cosmetic. They were on when I bought it.

- No. of owners, including me -    4

- Date of registration - 01/04/1999

- What is the specific trim spec of the car- Outback AWD - half leather

- Auto or manual - Auto

- Expiry date of current MOT - April 21st 2014

- Expiry date of current road tax - 6 months Tax

- Do you have all previous MOTs - All MOTs to 2006

-  Do any of the last 3 MOTs have any advisories - Windscreen mark, Slight oil leak, backbox skin

- Does the car have a full and verifiable service history - Book stamped to 45k and then at 107k

- Details of the services carried out to date - Cambelt Replaced at 107k

- What mpg (town and mixed and motorway) do you get real world - Approx 30

I have been advised on here to sell it at around £1000-1200 but will take offers possibly over £850 ish BUT I'm not entering into hours of negotiation. If I didnt have to get a manual for my son it would not be going
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let everyone know that I really need to sell my Outback quickly over the next two weeks so open to offers. As I said I need a manual focus for my son to drive so willing to let it go for a steal..if I dont hear back by Sunday from anyone on the forum I will presume theres no interest so will sell it cheap elsewhere..

cheers