Make your own mud flaps

So a few people have decided to make their own mud flaps

Whats the process on this where do i get the templates from ?

Not worries about the plastc but the metal brackets since they are model specific

I have a newage hawkeye

I had some on my rear's that was cut out I still have them actuality could use them as a template if you like :) But they was just bolted on with out the metal supports. Currently looking at get in some more flaps myself but I won't be using the old ones I've taken off.  :) 

If you could trace them for me that would be fantasic

I have a classic set but i understand that they are a different size

I found the material but i can only find it in Red and Green

If i dont need the metal bracket, do you know what size bolts to buy and what type of plastic fittings ?

I want the polyurethane in purple but i havent found anyone that stocks purple polyurethane Sheets

• 4 weeks later...

Give us a couple of quid for postage mate I'm more than happy for you to have them :) They still have the bolts on that was fitted I'll get a picture for you later mate :D

Nice stuff, Jap show isnt too far off so if i could grab them from you then that would be awsome, mmm unless i want them ready for jap show, now thats the question

• Like 1

personaly i wouldn't use metal brackets, i would just use screws/bolts with a washer.

idea being if you catch it the mudflap is ripped off, rather than the bumper ;)

So why do people sell them with the metal brackets ? whats the purpose of them ?

Nice stuff, Jap show isnt too far off so if i could grab them from you then that would be awsome, mmm unless i want them ready for jap show, now thats the question

Thats fine mate can do that if I remember to take them :D 

And bracket is just extra support but as you will see with the one I have I just used the two bolts