subaru impreza v2 ford imperial blue project and 350+bhp

lotsofmon3y1

Hi all I'm new to the club just joined tonight I'm going to upload my pictures of my project and let you guys tell me what you think and maybe you guys can give me some ideas I'm half way through a respray which me and my mate will be doing ourselves all the prep work is being done in my garage but respray is being done in a propper spray booth this first photo is how I purchased the car with Matt black alloys

post-5106-0-10617300-1443384268_thumb.jp

• Like 1

This is about as far as I can tell you about the car at the moment any questions or suggestions please feel free to comment and I will post up daily updates of the respray as I go along, car is currently running 276.8bhp from last dyno taking running td04 turbo with a piggy back ecu and switchable map I would like to hit around the 350 bhp mark by upgrading the turbo any suggestions will be great and I would like to fit a vf34 turbo but my turbo I got currently Is top entry turbo and I believe vf34 is front entry can this still be done easy enough if so what will I need to do to make this fit?

Always nice to see a early impreza getting some tlc [emoji41]

As for turbo upgrade you can fit a front entry turbo to a phase 1 by using a silicone elbow but the easiest and cheapest option would be a top entry tdo5 16g .

With the right supporting mods they will hit 350hp which is about the limit for the gearbox and classic tmic .

What colour are your injectors?

Grey 380's are good for 300hp

Yellow 440's are good for 350hp

Thanks for the reply and I need to check what injectors I currently have installed I also need to check what fuel pump is in the tank as I'd like a walboro 255 pump I'm going to be running a front mount intercooler and I'm going to have a look into a td05 16g reason for vf34 was I heard it spools up quicker and less lag is there a big difference in spool up and does price justify it If not td05 maybe way forward

Tdo5 16g will spool a bit later (500 rpm ish) and they are getting on a bit but they take more abuse ,easier to rebuild ,hold the boost higher in the Rev range, will bolt straight on and cost about £150 instead of £350 + custom silicone elbow .

Here's a graph up of my 94 sti with the standard engine running a tdo5 16g, tubular headers ,autobahn fmic ,decat and apexi intake

post-1399-140865605294_zpseaooy411.jpeg

This was at 1.2 bar it's now forged and running 1.5 bar but I haven't got a graph

• Like 1