Is it worth getting a WRX/UK 300?

Axk

I'm new to the owners club but had my Subaru for a short while now it's an Impreza WRX blob eye 2004. However I've seen a limited edition Subaru for sale caller the UK 300 or the WRX 300 which from what I've gathered means they only built 300 not that it's 300bhp? Also that it has optional prodrive package which I'm not sure if this has.

Could anybody tell me the main difference between them or if it would be a worthwhile upgrade/investment as they must be quite rare. Many thanks.

It's a worthy upgrade if you ask me from a standard wrx. You're right only 300 was made I'd dare say the figures of how many is left is a lot less. But difference in a nut Shell is its a wrx with extras bumpers ecu spoiler headlights ,exhaust on UK 300. Are the most noticeable part

Uk300 will have a certificate usually and a badge with the number in the center console section. Also alloys spoiler... Actually picture here if it's the Bugeye

uk3008.jpg

Blobeye version I think the biggest way to tell is the SWRT logo on the seats and stickers on the bumper will have silver badges on the car but you can buy them of eBay now so does make it a bit harder to know 

WRX-300.jpg

• Like 1

It's the blob eye WRX 300 I'm after the one I've found has the badges on the wings and the 300 interior I haven't checked the numbered plaque yet. Is there no way to be certain if there isn't a certificate as anyone could fit a standard WRX with that interior and get badges off eBay.

• 5 years later...

All wrx 300 are either 05 or 55 plate. They are prodrived taking the power up to 267 bhp . Blue suede seats interior. They all had an rac Tracker fitted but not sure if still an active service.all blue with gold wheels and if youve got one original now you would be between 10k and 15k. Future collectors as not many left in circulation and untouched by madness lol 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 4/11/2021 at 6:19 PM, Davy said:

All wrx 300 are either 05 or 55 plate. They are prodrived taking the power up to 267 bhp . Blue suede seats interior. They all had an rac tracker fitted but not sure if still an active service.all blue with gold wheels and if youve got one original now you would be between 10k and 15k. Future collectors as not many left in circulation and untouched by madness lol 

My UK300 is 51 plate

• 3 months later...

My 2001 Uk300 has 13000 miles, I’ve owned it from main dealer in 2002. Off road for 10 years, due to my work, just recommissioned this week, lots of interest, build no. 295/300. With plaque,great condition, as you can imagine, now for sale. Inc suby no.plate.

On 4/12/2022 at 12:55 PM, Tom Bolton said:

My 2001 Uk300 has 13000 miles, I’ve owned it from main dealer in 2002. Off road for 10 years, due to my work, just recommissioned this week, lots of interest, build no. 295/300. With plaque,great condition, as you can imagine, now for sale. Inc suby no.plate.

Its out of 303 as they never made a 013, 113 & 213 👍🏻

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...