First time Subaru/Forester owner

Chris.

Morning everyone!

New Subaru member here, bought myself a SF5 Forester STI Type II in March, so far I have just filled it will loads of petrol something I'm not use to with with my previous cars (VW Polo and E36 BMW).

One problem with the Forester is its an auto. Which is what I have a few questions about one being what manual gearboxes will fit? (Seen a WRX wagon for breaking and was going to take struts/driveshafts/gearbox/pedal box from it)

The car is completely standard other than a Blitz BOV that was fitted when I bought the car.

Chris.

Hello &welcome,

It's a lot of work fo do the swap, but if you have the time and money can't see it being too difficult, you'd have to replace everything at a guess, rear diff & hubs as well as jdm ratios are different to uk cars, not sure if the gearbox cradle is different, there's also a separate ecu for the auto's so I don't know if you can just unplug it from the main one without problems, if you can't then it's another ecu and remap on top,

The type 2's are rare so i'd keep it as an auto if your into having 'originality'