Rear knock at slow speeds/pulling away

Hi Guys

My 05 Blob WRX has started developing a slight knocking noise from the rear, it doesn't happen all the time and only tends to be if one side is impacted and not the other or when pulling away at low speeds, slight bumps in the road when level doesn't cause the knock which would suggest it's not droplinks to me. Am i a victim of the dreaded rear shock knock or could this be more driveshaft/arm related?

any advice appreciated :)

Dan

sounds typical rear shock knock :(

get it checked out cos could be a worn bush, but my money would be on shock's gone.

Is a good excuse to upgrade though ;)

Nice set of pedders all in one would be a good option (non wagon fitment so assuming yours is a saloon) and don't forget will need a full alignment doing

sounds typical rear shock knock :(

get it checked out cos could be a worn bush, but my money would be on shock's gone.

Is a good excuse to upgrade though ;)

Nice set of pedders all in one would be a good option (non wagon fitment so assuming yours is a saloon) and don't forget will need a full alignment doing

Damn thanks Tidgy although in a way i'm glad it's shock as opposed to driveshaft etc (clouds and silver linings and all that lol), yep mine is a saloon i'm just trying to decide between a set of coilovers or shocks and lowering springs. I'm not looking for the slammed look but a small drop would be nice I guess, must be able to clear speed humps and not be too harsh as it's my daily driver.

Annoying as I only just got the car 3D aligned and the guys said it had one of the best alignments they had ever seen lol with next to perfect  

Personal choice would be the pedders ezifit or what ever there called, uprated shocks, lowering springs, new top mounts and come as a complete unit for easy fitting. There no where near as hard as most coilovers