Leak in Tailgate - Help

Moss

I have a 2002 Subaru Legacy Outback AWD. UK Car ..

Now with all this wind and rain we've been getting lately; I noticed that I have a small amount of water in the Boot (trunk) is seems to be coming in from the top light area on the tailgate ,, all seals appear to be in tact etc...

Has anyone else experienced this?

22792306582_21187919e3_o.jpg

Have you got a sunroof, if so the drain/s may be blocked or separated.

When you say the "top light" - do you mean the high level brake light?

Thanks I'll check them out,  I do have the sun-roof model.  Also meant to say the high level brake light..

Or your rear wash wiper feed tube may have split ? Mine used to get wet in the centre of the boot couldn't work out where it was coming from until I sat in there and someone operated the washer

That seems the most logical answer; I'd considered that myself;  hope your suggestion is right, would be the easiest to rectify .

Thanks..

Until you take it apart in wouldn't like to say, there should be a gasket round the light so maybe that's perished,

I'm waiting for some really dry weather to take it apart.   It rained yesterday and last night and it was dry in boot.  if it is a leak from somewhere it has to be a very small one.

Fri found a 5" deep puddle in my boot floor the other day tracking from rear lights

Oh no, seems the lights on the Subaru's have a seal deterioration problem; lots of owners having the same problem.   5" of water Matt; you could keep Goldfish in there. ;)  

I was heading to a track day too ! So I got my drill out and put 4 holes in the floor lol

My leak is very small ; just a few droppers of water; I'm thinking it may be the wash-wiper tube off or cracked?  I hope so anyhow.

Like the look of your wagon!