whats best 99-2002 or 2003 up

tuskar

It's down to budget, what's available, and what you want really. I love the bugs and blobs, I heard the bugs are better vfm as the design wasn't as loved, but as a result they seem to be rarer (or they are round here). Either looked after properly is reliable and running costs wise there's probably nothing in it either. They should both hold their value well if cared for. I did read somewhere that blobs are less prone to piston slap due to a different design, I don't know if that's true though.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

It's down to budget, what's available, and what you want really. I love the bugs and blobs, I heard the bugs are better vfm as the design wasn't as loved, but as a result they seem to be rarer (or they are round here). Either looked after properly is reliable and running costs wise there's probably nothing in it either. They should both hold their value well if cared for. I did read somewhere that blobs are less prone to piston slap due to a different design, I don't know if that's true though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he's probably asking about foresters, not imprezas

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

120k on an 01 isn't a great deal, depends on what you want, I love my older foz,but it shares the same traits as classic impreza 's ie the ride isn't as comfy and it's less refined, but some say tge build quality is better ?

it weighs less and is smaller, the sg & sh models have nicer interiors and are generally better equipped,

My advice would be to find one of each within your budget and drive them both, as long as they have been well maintained and cared for both should go on to huge mileages

I prefer the SF 97-2002 Forester myself, they look better & are far more solid. thicker steel especially in rear inner arch panel. Interior is far more durable too .

120k is nothing, just give usual checks along with good inspection on rear inner arch/turrets & rear subframe as these can rot a bit especially if car been on a farm or similar . also check rear suspension for sagging & gearbox/transmission for noise/slack-clunking .

SF's can be a bargain, I picked up a real clean 1999 green one with 134K & full dealer extras  for under £800 2 months ago, similar spec & condition SG would be £2,000 so SF models are always worth a serious look, you also save £50 on road tax for pre 2001-1st March one which nice ...

Is the forester turbo model reliable . Is it much heavier on juicy ?   would also consider one  .

My budget restricts me to 2006 or earlier.

My wife has an Impreza 1998 with 180k miles never any real problems not even clutch.