Jump to content

Impreza RX, Body kit?


ImprezRX
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi, I'm buying a Impreza RX 1.5L soon as a mess around car and I'm trying to find a kit for it as stock is awful.

 

Any idea what kit this might have? http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201601079870517?make=subaru&maximum-badge-engine-size=1.8&radius=1501&page=4&sort=priceasc&search-target=usedcars&postcode=ne232sl&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&logcode=p

I may even buy that one if it's available by the time I can, It's amazing for the price.

Does the RX just use a WRX kit?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The one you link't has wrx roof spoiler,side skirts rear bumper.only diffrence is wrx has same front bumper but has a bit extra round the bottom,dont no what you call it its not a lip,its a valance i think.have a look at my wrx in my build thhread you will see diffrence.i cannot put pics on tapatalk at min it just crashes.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 20/01/2016 at 10:45 PM, aucky said:

The one you link't has wrx roof spoiler,side skirts rear bumper.only diffrence is wrx has same front bumper but has a bit extra round the bottom,dont no what you call it its not a lip,its a valance i think.have a look at my wrx in my build thhread you will see diffrence.i cannot put pics on tapatalk at min it just crashes.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Any idea where i can buy the KIT? Im in the UK.

Aslong as it doesnt cost alot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First place i allways say look is eBay you may find second had cheap n could even be right colour for your car.thats were i got my sti spoiler from.if you want the smaller wrx rear spoiler then i have 1 of them for sale [emoji6]

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, aucky said:

First place i allways say look is ebay you may find second had cheap n could even be right colour for your car.thats were i got my sti spoiler from.if you want the smaller wrx rear spoiler then i have 1 of them for sale emoji6.png

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Where would I look if eBay wasnt a viable option?

I mean personally i hope that one I linked is still for sale closer too when i get the money! Any idea if those bucket seats come stock?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jimmymac101 said:
2 hours ago, Jimmymac101 said:

Why not STI or wrx rep it? theres a fair few breakers around the uk that could supply body parts and they are all direct fits! 

Mines a STI rep and it looks millions times nicer than standard :) 

james 

Why not STI or wrx rep it? theres a fair few breakers around the uk that could supply body parts and they are all direct fits! 

Mines a STI rep and it looks millions times nicer than standard :) 

james 

Someone who actually has an RX!

 

How much did you pay for the whole STI kit? And where from?

I can pick up the car for like £3-4k almost brand new and yours looks extremely nice!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheers man I rather like it :wink: you got the 1.5 or 2.0? mines 2.0

I hunted high and low for one and come up trumps and found this full rep'd already, however I did pay for it 7-8k and 40kmiles on the clocks

Only thing I feel mines missing is springs or coilovers but they will have to wait lol 

heres a couple of breakers i found 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUBARU-IMPREZA-Sti-2-5-Engin-6-Speed-Dccd-2008-2009-2010-Breaking-/161938517512?hash=item25b449ae08:g:mIoAAOSwT6pV6JK6

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUBARU-IMPREZA-Sti-2-5-Engin-6-Speed-Dccd-2008-2009-2010-Breaking-/161938517413?hash=item25b449ada5:g:g28AAOSwpDdVfgLf

James 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Jimmymac101 said:

Cheers man I rather like it :wink: you got the 1.5 or 2.0? mines 2.0

I hunted high and low for one and come up trumps and found this full rep'd already, however I did pay for it 7-8k and 40kmiles on the clocks

Only thing I feel mines missing is springs or coilovers but they will have to wait lol 

heres a couple of breakers i found 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUBARU-IMPREZA-Sti-2-5-Engin-6-Speed-Dccd-2008-2009-2010-Breaking-/161938517512?hash=item25b449ae08:g:mIoAAOSwT6pV6JK6

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUBARU-IMPREZA-Sti-2-5-Engin-6-Speed-Dccd-2008-2009-2010-Breaking-/161938517413?hash=item25b449ada5:g:g28AAOSwpDdVfgLf

James 

 

I don't even have a license yet.. I'll have it soon and will also have that car hopefully.

Anyway i can talk to you directly about this stuf in the future? And what exhaust are you running?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/01/2016 at 9:09 AM, Jimmymac101 said:

Just post on here I'm sure to see it, if I can't help someone else on here will :) 

I'm running a standard STI 4pipe exhaust :) 

have you considered this? http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/161951584908 

james 

 

Hi James,

 

That page isnt available.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Try this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-SUBARU-IMPREZA-RX-GREY-VERY-RARE-STEEL-GREY-LOW-MILES-FSH-MINT-HAWKEYE-/161951584908?hash=item25b511128c:g:iDAAAOSwa-dWoQEI

 

As for body parts, personally id say yes genuine parts will always fit better the reps but all depends how deep your pockets are :)

James 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Jimmymac101 said:

Try this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-SUBARU-IMPREZA-RX-GREY-VERY-RARE-STEEL-GREY-LOW-MILES-FSH-MINT-HAWKEYE-/161951584908?hash=item25b511128c:g:iDAAAOSwa-dWoQEI

 

As for body parts, personally id say yes genuine parts will always fit better the reps but all depends how deep your pockets are :)

James 

Hi James,

I'd gladly buy that if it wasnt for the insurance being £3000+!

Personally i do like the stock 1.5L RX but with a kit on it does look alot nicer. How much would you say you paid for your kit?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Jimmymac101 said:

As I said above buddy I purchased the car exactly as is so I wouldn't have a clue to what it cost :) 

£3000 on a first car isn't bad! I paid £3800 for a 1.3 starlet ( non turbo ) when i was 17 and thats only 7years ago :)

James 

I suppose so, But I can get insured on the RX non turbo for £1800. And even a 1.6L BMW RWD For £1400

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership