New legacy owner

blocko_23

Hi there. I had a 2L R legacy estate, manual normally aspirated. It was a great car, probably the best driving car I ever had...... but, be aware that parts come at a premium.

A new clutch and duel flywheel cost me over £700, and when I was quoted £2500 for an exhaust replacement that was the last straw for me! Problem is you need proper subaru parts for these things which cost the earth!!!!

So my advise is check all the expensive bits have been done recently...

3 hours ago, simondelves said:

Hi there. I had a 2L R legacy estate, manual normally aspirated. It was a great car, probably the best driving car I ever had...... but, be aware that parts come at a premium.

A new clutch and duel flywheel cost me over £700, and when I was quoted £2500 for an exhaust replacement that was the last straw for me! Problem is you need proper subaru parts for these things which cost the earth!!!!

So my advise is check all the expensive bits have been done recently...

I have a 2L R legacy saloon mate. Practically the same car. When you say the best car you ever had, i presume you don't have it anymore?

I converted my Dual mass flywheel to a single mass flywheel at half the price. I also replaced the exhaust for 550 quid at a powerflow dealer.

I also found a few sellers on eBay that sell genuine subaru parts for cheaps :) - this guy.. http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/impartsb46?_trksid=p2056016.l2559

ps Welcome to the club Blocko. You could either look at a 2ltr, 2.5 or 3.0 models.