2006 Impreza R Sport wants WRX or STI wheels - do they fit?

I'm afraid I don't- the problem with our cars is they're bot too common! If you think it's terminal anyway it may be worth stripping the engine down to see if you can salvage your block? Just had a quick look on eBay and can only find complete engines going for stupid money... Otherwise all I can advise is go to subaru for a short block...

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, HawkeyeLawrence said:

I'm afraid I don't- the problem with our cars is they're bot too common! If you think it's terminal anyway it may be worth stripping the engine down to see if you can salvage your block? Just had a quick look on ebay and can only find complete engines going for stupid money... Otherwise all I can advise is go to subaru for a short block...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, HawkeyeLawrence said:

I'm afraid I don't- the problem with our cars is they're bot too common! If you think it's terminal anyway it may be worth stripping the engine down to see if you can salvage your block? Just had a quick look on ebay and can only find complete engines going for stupid money... Otherwise all I can advise is go to subaru for a short block...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I've found a decent 2006 r sport engine for £250 with 81k on it. Reckon I'll take it then slowly do a nice replace / rebuild / one-out-of-two. I'll keep you in mind for any bits you may need so long as they are of course good. Quick question - does your hood scoop do anything - I see a blanked off air intake on mine where the hood scoop would be on the bonnet if you get me - if it could be functional just for extra air I may do it. Car won't be needed for work now so going to spend a bit of time making it nice

Absolute bargain! I'm actually looking for an engine to make a table from so if you just replace, i'll take the old engine off your hands! I bought the car with scoop on, so haven't noticed any improvements- it could possibly cool the intake manifold to allow slightly more air in to burn, but I highly doubt it actually gives any performance gain.

@tomobwfc i'm so sorry but I only just saw your question (didn't get a notification for some reason?) the answer is just off eBay- about £20 if I remember... They're good because they are all locking nuts, however after a few months the coating does fade and chip off so start to look poo (i'm on my 3rd set now so will be going back to stock nuts at some point)

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1