which to buy :S

IOWoc

So now im actually close to having my cash together to finally get my first scoob and iv spent months researching and planning every detail of a big horsepower build ( all for a classic )

iv spotted a couple of Bugeyes in my prospective price range and just cant help but think should i be getting one of them instead ?!

Aaarrrgg!

the only big difference off the bat for be is the insurance is a touch more for the bug over the classic (uk2000)

any advice or opinions welcome
welcome

What is it you want from the car? Will it be a daily or a toy? Does it need to be sensible or is it just for fun? What is your budget, what power do you want and why?

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

thanks for the reply marty

the car will be my daily but mainly used for fun and shows but i do need to retain the ability to transport the kiddie's and the odd family trip away. I’m shooting for big horse power but mainly focused on acceleration over top speed ( we have no motorways and about 300m of dual carriageway if you can even call it that ) my budget to buy the car isn’t going to be much over £1500 unfortunately as iv got to buy it before the 24th of June ( or i lose my NCB )

iv never really considered the bugeyes until a mate started tagging me in ones for sale on Fbook in my price range.

and once the ideas been put in my head well that’s it lol

EDIT: im also only looking at coupes not interested in wagons

A bug would make a more practical family car whilst still being plenty quick enough for fun. You should find something half reasonable for that price but i would image it would need some work. I've got a new age that I was doing 400 miles a week in, and it is a fantastic all rounder. Any classic you are looking at now will be at least 16 years old, and they can rust (but so can a bug). Plus the new age ones have slightly longer gearing and a bit more refined so aren't quite as thirsty. Drive a couple and buy the best you can at that price range!

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

cheers marty, yer appeciate what condition motor the money is going to get me unfortunatly i can move that deadline or i would gather up more funds first.

yer i think a couple of back to back test drives would be a good idea.

thanks for the advice :D