MY08 wrx short shifter

Hi guys

As usual I'm just after a bit of advice. I'm after a shortshifter for my wrx hatch, the standard throw is far too long and sloppy for my liking.

Seen a few online although mostly from US sites (COBB, Kartboy) then saw one on the japspeed website for £70

http://www.japspeed.co.uk/subaru-impreza-08-11-short-shifter.html

Anyone have any experience with these?

never used 1 but i was going to get this for my hatch  http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/GB/WRX_Perrin_Short_Shifter_Adapter/SU8_PSP-INR-200_.aspx

i would stay away from that on japspeed looks bit of a hacksaw job,cut in half and welded to gether lower down,kartboy get good reviews from the yanks and i follow a couple people on youtube from usa with modded hatch's that have removed the cobb and gone for the kartboy.

• Like 1

this is how to fit the cobb but it is what you would do to fit the japspeed and kartboy as well,much more work then the perrin.the japspeed is not ajustable either so what ever its like when you fit it is what you get.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I went with the Perrin adaptor.

Fitted it yesterday, took about 45mins and I didn't break any plastic trims so thats a bonus.

Its adjustable up to a 50% reduction in throw (which is where i have set mine to) and it has massively improved the feel of my gear changing now :D.

standard:

1C649330-352E-40A2-9FFC-691E06BE4541.jpg

With adaptor:

D8BEC185-D74A-4103-A95A-45241D27A7AA.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/10/2016 at 0:02 AM, aucky said:

never used 1 but i was going to get this for my hatch  http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/GB/WRX_Perrin_Short_Shifter_Adapter/SU8_PSP-INR-200_.aspx

i would stay away from that on japspeed looks bit of a hacksaw job,cut in half and welded to gether lower down,kartboy get good reviews from the yanks and i follow a couple people on youtube from usa with modded hatch's that have removed the cobb and gone for the kartboy.

I like that,

did you know www.m-soc.com members get discount at Tarmacsportz as well :) are you a paid member on there too?

Dose the shifter sit any lower with the perin kit? As I like the look of the cobb but the perin sounds like the better option over all.

--

I make Films for businesses and people. I also make websites.