New Outback owner in Gloucestersire

Dave Ett

Hi All,

Bought my Outback on Saturday.  07 2.5SE in grey with cream leather.  Nice motor, but it's replacing a BMW 528i touring so I have 'come down' a notch on the luxury side of things.  I'll miss the rain sense wipers and self-dim rear mirror, along with the split tailgate and sat nav, but hopefully the Outback will prove a better bet for the floods and crappy roads during the winter - I live down a lumpy lane with a few tricky hills between me and civilization.

Outbacks seem to be a bit thin on the ground in the UK, so info is a little scarce but I'd like to upgrade the car with the genuine sat nav system. Any pointers?

Cheers!

Dave

Hi Dave welcome to S.O.C 

And I have to agree with you on the being thin on the ground in the UK we don't see many on here which is a shame as the're a fantastic car from the few reports we do get. As for step down I guess that depends on how you look at it, it's more suited I would say for the roads you live on ;) And will be a god send in winter for sure :D

with the mods are you after engine mods or look's. :D  

Cheers guys.

I'd like more power as it's only 165 which as well as being down on the Beemer, is also a lot less than I'd expect a 2.5 to be capable of!

Seems quite wallowy, but I don't know if that's normal as the shocks/springs are so long, or because they've done 92k and are goosed...

The potential for more power is there, whilst the turbo is the same size shape etc as the impreza the internals are different so it generates a different boost profile so if you are that way inclined a different turbo some less restrictive pipework and a remap will have you hacking along in a more spirited fashion

I believe you can swap the engines to be turbo'ed but would cost a lot :( But you would have one hell of an Outback that would make the beemer feel like a bad dream. But I'm guessing you are not wanting to do that :)

I would say there is very few things you can do really to gain a lot of HP out if it without spending lot's. Jay did post up something that is worth a look for all non turbo Subaru cars. Don't get me wrong the Outback will still be better for the roads you are driving down more then the beemer. But I think the Forester would have been better for the same type of car but with bigger HP.

Anyway will look for the link Jay posted and link you to it 

Here you go mate down near the bottom. I know it's not the same engine but worth a look

http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/topic/1813-sports-injectors/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Welcome aboard pal, you can do a few cheapish mods but you won't get much bang for your buck compared to the same outlay on a turbo engine, if power is what your after I'd get rid of the outback and get a forester, if you go for a rolling road let us know what the results are and best of luck with it