Owner to be ??

Eze

Evening people, my name is Eric and I am currently not a Subaru owner..........I have a Merc C250 CDI AMG Sport tourer (Work Smoker) and an Audi A3 2.0 TDI Sport 140 (wife's smoker) and the pride of my vehicles a Ducati 1098s !!

Now this is where the Subaru thing comes in, I've always had fast bikes but have a 2 year old daughter and keep thinking I'm being a little selfish with the bike thing.

I have owned some reasonably quick cars, GTI's , MR2, Corrado, R5 turbo but then got into bikes and my head was turned !!

When I was a lad, I was obsessed with point to point cars and longed after a Lancia Integrale Evo, never got round to it, now the bike has to go I'm longing after a Impreza STI (pref DCCD) I may even go for an older classic STI Type RA etc ....... But I've got to sell the Ducati first, it's on EvilBay at the moment so we will see, any ideas or suggestions are welcomed ;-)

Thanks

Ez

Hi mate. Welcome to S.O.C 

And you will be at home here we have a few bikers among us ;) And lovely list of car's owned :) 

As for the car I'm sure lot's of people will throw some ideas your way, and we do see some real nice ones on here for sale even limited edition ones. But I will leave it to them as I'm sure everyone will give you there idea on whats best to spend your money on :) 

Cheers Gambit,

Only time will tell what I go for, but it will be a Impreza of some form ;-)

I'll be über sad to see the 1098 go but sure I will enjoy a new toy !!

Ez

Wotcha and welcome Eric

I drove an Integrale back in the day with a view to making a purchase, absolutely awesome car from a performance perspective - a proper rush however the interior colour scheme was hideous and they rusted something chronic...

so how does it compare - I got the same rush from owning the scooby - I am a new to subaru's myself, on the newer cars the sti variants have a wider track, bigger hubs to help with heat displacement protecting the bearings and bigger brakes - few mods for more power as well.

DCCD yep why not if you are in the market for something to put a smile on your face get all the bells and whistles as well dont worry about water injection for the intercooler though some cars have it some dont.

there is a really nice classic advertised at the moment but it has two doors (particularly special) so may not be as handy for your daughter although if she is old enough to scramble in and out of the safety seat she will be fine.

http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/topic/1772-2000-impreza-p1-for-sale-mailage-8473/

whatever you decide keep us posted and dont forget to share some photo's  ;)

• Like 1

Cheers Gambit,

Only time will tell what I go for, but it will be a Impreza of some form ;-)

I'll be über sad to see the 1098 go but sure I will enjoy a new toy !!

Ez

I bet you are fantastic bike not that I've ever been on a Ducati but always love them from being younger. If I could afford more toy's like yourself I would have both :)

• Like 1

Thanks guys, yup groan another biker ;-)

Be nice to keep the bike but I just change into a bit of a loon when I get on it, the rush is awesome !!

Might be a long process though, been on eBay nearly two weeks and not had touch on it, it's the cheapest in the country for age and miles ! Maybe I've put it on too low and people think its going to be rough, when actually she is mint and been loved and cherished !!

Never mind whilst the suns out and about I can still enjoy her ;-)

Cheers

EZ

• Like 1

Lol - Now you see why I need another toy to replace it.......... If it all comes together then I'll be itching for the snow and ice ;-) !!

Hopefully I get somewhere with the Ducati, then it's make mind up Classic STI type RA or 04/05 STI, it will only be a weekend play thing so swinging towards an older car 4/5ks worth, not likely to take my baby out in it more likely fast road/track fun ;-)

I'm not saying the Scoob with ever replace the feeling of the power of a Ducati but it is the closest I've ever got after my motorcross bikes. The snow is great just for fun but don't get me wrong it still put's a smile on my face in the dry summer or track days. I do want to sort out my breaks before the next  trip there, after a bad experience late breaking and them fading away very quick :)

And I'm starting to think the other members are making me look bad on purpose by not replying. I thought you would have had everyone saying buy this buy that. maybe I jinxed it ;)

But if you want classic shape some nice once's just posted up like the P1 Jay posted to another one I think will be a good buy but is a Jap import podted by Scooby Pete but had loads spent on it but not finished :) Again depends really on what you want like most things :)