Starlink infotainment system.

bessie

I have a 2015 Forester 2.0 XE Premium which I took delivery of last November and am still trying to get to grips with the infotainment system! The traffic announcement (TA) option is turned on for both DAB and FM radio. On DAB I have never yet received a traffic announcement since I got the car, no pop-up panel and no announcement. On FM, the pop-up panel is actually displayed. According to the manual, I am supposed to tap 'continue' to get the announcement and then adjust the volume level to where I want it and the level will be saved. I did this and when the next announcement arrived, tapped 'continue' and got nothing - silence until I operated the volume control on the steering wheel. This has been the case for all announcements so far and is kind of distracting having to do this while driving. Has anybody managed to hear the announcements without having to turn the volume up every time? Has anybody managed to get a traffic announcement at all on DAB? If you have, please let me know how you did it. I would be very grateful to learn how it is done. Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Having read your post I spent a little while playing with system in my Forester [same year same model] and also didn't get any traffic announcements with DAB radio.  FM seems to work fine and announcements also cut in OK when playing music from USB.  I haven't yet tried fiddling with volume as it was fine as set.  My manual also seems to describe a different system to that actually fitted in the vehicle, which is a bit of a confusion and makes me reluctant to randomly change too much.

Have you had any response from the dealer who sold the vehicle?