ECU Reset - Engine Light

Petrolhead159

Hi all,

Had my Forester a year at the end of this month & its been an enjoyable trouble free drive, however today the engine light has come on.

Does anybody know how to an ECU reset on a Forester SG (03) N/A

When I had my Lexus, you could do it by pulling 3 fuses.

Thanks in advance.
Aaron

Sorry to hijack the thread, gambit which scanner/ app are you using ? I bought a scanner off the bay and used the free torque app it seemed to work fine so i thought i'd buy the paid version of the app and now it saying my scanner can't read the ecu ?

I have Torque pro And this is the scanner was £15 when I first bought it :) 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth-Torque-OBD2-OBDII-Diagnostic-Scanner-CAR-CODE-READER-for-ELM327-V1-5-/130884616668?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item1e7954c1dc

I used it the other day on an 07 Honda CRV to clear a code and worked fine. I would delete the app and re download it. Use your phone Bluetooth setting to connect to it don't try through the app should be fine :) 

Yeah i bought the pro version, to be fair i don't even know if the forester is compatable.

I need to try the dongle in another car to see if it's that or the car i got the slightly cheper blue one that's available on there. I've heard that they ate only cheap chinese copies of the code so i wasn't expexting much for a fiver

I think the 97 is OBD port and not OBDII so that might be a problem if the scanner is a for the 2nd Gen. Could be wrong just a thought :) will have a look now mate I have a bit of time 

And I have come across some work shop manuals for Forester if you are interested only down side is it's 99-04 but might still be handy 

I did think this as i coulsn't find the odb2 plaque anywhere on the car it only has four pins on the plug. So either the free version of torque was lying to me and not working either or it was working ghen broke. I ran the diagnostic on the app and everything was fine apart from the coomunication to the ecu was reading fail. Still was only a fiver. I'll try it on my old mans car next week.

Well after a quick look it's mixed reviews some people say it will work with older cars others say it didn't work with cars before 99. I'm guessing it did work for you with the trial version. So like you said best bets to try it on the old boys car :)