Air con

tall_tog

Just had air con re gassed 

when driving its nice and cool 

when stopped and just ticking over it warms up

there is no 'click' as I expected when turning a/c on and revs don't drop as I am used to with other cars

is the compressor goosed ?

• 3 weeks later...

Who regassed your car?  I have read that it is most important to make sure that the proper amount of gas is given.  Very important that it is not too much or too little.  I had considered doing it myself but from reading it seems that it would be necessary to empty the system then recharge it with the correct amount which is different for each model.  Is this Correct, anyone?

• Like 1

When air con is re-gassed it vacs the system completely, taking all gas and any moisture out of the system, then as you said Lenmac, you have to put the correct amount of gas in (this is on top of the slam panel on my car). It could be your A/C system has a leak (most common area for this is around where the dryer meets the condenser, you should be able to see this through the grilles on the front bumper- however a garage should check for leaks and correct pressures before they just regas a system...

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1