05 WRX Only running 7psi Boost

Hi all,

Yes im one of those awful people who turn up on forums begging for help....

So onto the begging.

I have a 05 WRX with the following mods, after market cat back exhaust (i think), and dump valve (on it when i bought it)

I have also got one of those BT ODBI systems hooked up to my phone.

Having been out in the car today I got the following error codes P0545 but even before that error i was only able to hit 7psi of boost in 3rd WOT.

With the P0545 error im thinking of just doing the resister mod, but would that be causing the car to only boost to 7PSi?

I have had a look around the car, and have found the boost solenoid, and all the vacc hoses look good and well connected, I have also put the car into the test mode with the 2 green connectors and can hear the solenoid clicking as well as a sssssssss noise form it

Any ideas?

Hi mate

have you got any way at all of seeing what your DAM/IAM is sitting at because if your engine has detected a good amount of knock it can !Removed! timing and lower the dam/IAM far enough to for the car to go into a limp/safe mode and only run 7psi of boost which is standard waste gate pressure only 

omg I tried to say re-ta-rd timing and the blocker blocked it, overkill !!

Hello & welcome,

I take it the cars going into limp mode ? Have you tried to reset the ecu and seeing if it comes back ? 7psi isn't much at all more like it's not boosting at all ?

I'd check all your vac lines, intake and ic piping for leakage.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The check engine light will illuminate and the computer will have set the code P0545. No other symptoms will be readily recognizable.

Read more at: http://www.obd-codes.com/p0545
Copyright OBD-Codes.com

just grabbed that off t'intanet as didn't know if that code could throw you into safe mode or not

Piggysnifer,

Im afraid i dont, im guessing i would need a laptop and some software?

Stants, im not 100% sure to be honest, it just doesnt want to boost hard, and struggles to the redline (ie doesnt get there)

Im assuming to reset the ECU you just take the Battery off and leave it off for a while?

How will i know if its reset?

How long have you had the car mate, how long has it been doing this, what did you do to the car prior to this 7psi thing happening, did you put anything new on it like an intake or anything, did you run it low on petrol while boosting, or did you run low octane fuel in it, what fuel do you use btw

if your any good with a laptop, buy a vag-com cable and download romraider and all its defs and you can see what your cars up to at all times

22 hours ago, Piggysniffer said:

How long have you had the car mate, how long has it been doing this, what did you do to the car prior to this 7psi thing happening, did you put anything new on it like an intake or anything, did you run it low on petrol while boosting, or did you run low octane fuel in it, what fuel do you use btw

if your any good with a laptop, buy a vag-com cable and download romraider and all its defs and you can see what your cars up to at all times

Had the car 2 years, had some over boost issues when i first got it, and was sorted by JGM (bad map not from JGM but from before).

Only thing i have had done to the car is new RAD fitted, as the old one stoped holding water in, this was done about 2 - 3 months ago. It only started throwing codes day before yesterday.

Good news, is i have fixed (worked around) the code issue, by placing a 2.2k resister in the egt socket. Not ideal, but has resolved the issue. Still only hitting 7ish psi of boost.

So i thought i would check my resister pill, but i dont think it has one.  If you look at the attached picture, the bottom black line comes from the soleniod to the t piece, the black line on the left goes to the waste gate actuator, and the blue line (ill come back to this in a min) goes to the turbo nipple. Am i correct in assuming the blue line should have the re-stricter in it?

If it should, im 99% sure its not in there, and more to the point, i dont remember having a blue piece of hose.

If I need to get a re stricter pill, from where can one be easily obtained.

Thanks for the help so far.

turbo.JPG

Ah ok,

If it's not in there then could be a problem,

They are only a couple quid from subaru directly.

There was a list of part numbers relating to the different size restrictors somewhere, I'll have a look

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk