Why would he do this

Bouncer

Would i be buying a duffer...

I'm about to get a 99 wrx wagon...but the guy selling it's got a 00/01 the same model, he said he's had the 99 for about 6 months but just wanted a slightly new one and diffient colour (red). I'm struggling to as why anyone would do that unless the one they're selling's got turbo, engine ect problems and not saying.

If it does have problems, would he not have better fixing them then he'd know it was ok

I got a go in it but not a good one as it's sorned and he didnt want to drive far at all, the gearlever's a bit sloppy so was hard to find the gears at times. Both cars have more/less the same miles ie about 12000....I'm begining to think I should look for another because he bought another just a year newer....if he didnt do that, I'd be none the wiser, but he did

Sounds like a bad car to me. Everyone I've owned when I've been to view it they have taken me out in it they drove it till it warmed up showed the turbo working or let me take it out on my own and didn't say a thing about how far to go. So I use to drive round for at least 15 mins let her warm up and give it a little boost to feel the turbo. :)

But you could have scared him looking all big and scary  :lol:

I know, it could be, I really dont understand why someone would do that unless there's a problem somewhere, like I say, if there is, why not just spend the money on getting it fixed then you know it's fine, instead of getting another the same but knowing nothing about it.

The only thing I can think of, is that the one he's selling's got quite a big fmic and wondering if the front beam's been cut away, because if has, the front will cave in in a bump....I'm probably talking bollox though, and it's problems somewhere else

I think I would stay away it's hard to tell without seeing it could be genuine. But I know one member bought a import impreza had just had a full engine rebuild it looked great very clean inside and out big ends popped and he hadn't even done 500 miles :( Myself poor rebuild or he just cleaned it all up know it was faulty. How long ago did he sorn it if it was sorned before he bought the other car, alarm bells would ring for me even more. I would go with the gut and look else where if it was me :(

There is lots of people that would be happy to make a quick few quid selling crap car's. I've never done that always listed a fault. only problem I did have once was with a car my mate wrote off. sold it on eBay listed everything I was told it needed to be put back on the road, about £3000 worth I was going to sell the car anyway so sold it as spares or repairs as I said listed everything I was told, bloke buys it comes picks it up happy with the car pay's me off he goes. Like all my car's I've done them up and looked after them I messaged him asking if he had got it back on the road as I would like to have seen some pictures of it back to it's best. I got a long rant message back saying the engine was in worse state then I had said needed a full engine rebuild and so on. So I apologised I didn't know and not heard anything from him since but did check DVLA and it's now back on the road :) so with any car I think is a gamble. But if you have a feeling the seller is trying to pull the wool over your eye's that would be enough for me to walk 

Just had a a good chat with him....he said he's allways the red one (his as I thought new one) I thought he just got it (must have picked him up wrong) there was black smoke coming out it and didnt know what it was. He then got the other one (the one I went to see) and thought about an engine swap and make good car out the 2, but someone said to put a new maf in it, he did and fixed it, and said to himself, just sell the one he got as it's not needed. It was mot'd when he got but the tax was about to run out (hence sorned), probably drove it about a bit to see it was ok before doing the engine change, and that's when he's spoke to some that's said you should have changed the maf before getting another car.