Hi would anyone know exactly what this warning light is flagging up.  I believe that it stands for on board diagnostic and monitors the emissions. I think that it is only fitted to European cars. My  2003 forester 2.0 xt had this light come on yesterday.  I haven't got a code reader.  The car has been very recently serviced and drives spot on. Am I taking a risk driving it with this light on.

Cheers

Hi .  it is orange/Yellow and looks like an engine symbol . I'm not the best with I.T and computer stuff sorry.  I can't seem to get a picture  for you.

cheers.

That's your check engine light(CEL). The ecu has logged an error code and it's a constant error. Most common will be the lambda sensor but you will need to get a diagnostic reading. Once you have your error code you can find out what it means and then replace the part. Depending on what fault you have determines if you'll be taking a risk. The lambda will mess up fueling so you may notice a drop in mpg. Other errors like Cam sensors will end up leaving you with a car that won't start(it isn't that).

OK. Thanks v much mate. I am getting checked tomorrow hopefully.  I would have took me and Mrs out today being BH. We'll have to go to the pub instead. These things are sent to try us. Real ale here I come!

Cheers