power windows problem subaru forester 2002

Hi , I'm new to this forum and just wondered if somebody might be able to help with a problem with my power windows , problem is that all four windows will go down but stop short of going all the way down

almost like they just don't have enough power to pull them all the way down. I don't know if this makes any difference but I did have a new cd player and front speakers fitted a few days ago and I'm sure my windows were fine then. Any help would really be appreciated.

Hi welcome to S.O.C

the back ones I don't think they go all the way down I know they don't on the Impreza. And yes it will be the speakers that's stopping them going all the way down I had to make some MDF rings to pull mine from the door alittle bit 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome aboard and as. Stated it sounds like the magnet on the speaker is stopping the windows going all the way down, they have an auto cut off when something gives resistance to the travel up or down they will cut the power to stop damage